• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Gool luck at the dealer's, Z.  Any possibility of the muffler/exhaust making contact with the pavement?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

For those of you that use Facebook. I started an ecoboost related page.

I invite everyone to join. No bashing or disrespect towards others will be tolerated.

Ecoboost Enthusiasts

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

Got to drive home from the Denver airport last night, 80 miles in a snow storm on my half bald Goodyear SuperCar tires!  T/C light was on going up a pass half of the time, fun times!  Couldn't feel my fingers after I got home from gripping the wheel so tight lol.

Going to drive the wife's Durango this weekend, don't want to put my winter tires on again.  Probably going to buy some Conti DWS tires soon.

Got over 15" of snow and still coming down.

How she looks this morning:

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Glad to hear you made it home without any trouble. Must have been some serious white knuckle driving.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

panther427

And to think how nice it been in Colorado last week. We didn't get much snow on the northern plains. But its been raining non Stop. Glad you made it home safe
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Wow, it's April, right?  Glad you made it safe, PM, you gotz good skillz :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I know the front brake pads the options are kind of limited,especially a high performance pad,had very good experiences with the Akeebono on my other cars.Z     ProACT Ultra Premium Ceramic Pad w/ Premium Stainless Hardware

Akebono Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium brake pads are the aftermarket's only OE-validated, application-specific friction formulations. Pro-Act Ultra Premium brake pads apply the same materials, engineering, quality standards and advanced technologies used to create OE ceramic brake pads. This guarantees that Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium brake pads provide the ultimate braking experience.

ProAct Ceramic Disc Brake Pads are engineered to eliminate noise, vibration and harshness. In addition to dramatically quieter braking, ProACT Ceramic Pads provide best-in-class braking performance, including enhanced initial effectiveness (no break-in required), high resistance to fade, consistent brake pedal feel and ultra-low dusting for cleaner wheels and tires. Ceramic technology also causes minimal wear on brake rotors.
• Harmonically damped design for maximum control of NVH
• Vehicle-optimized ceramic formulas for superior performance that is unmatched by "one size fits all" brands
• Post cured and heat scorched to ensure the highest initial effectiveness requiring no "break-in procedures" (exclusive to front formulations)
• "Rotor-friendly" pad formulations prevent uneven rotor wearing and pulsation complaints
• Precision-fit steel backing plates lead the industry in reducing vibration induced noise
• 100% chamfered and slotted to further enhance NVH control
• High resistance to fade with fast recovery
• Precision-fit shims aid in noise abatement and prevent shim migration
• Black powder coat finish provides OE-level corrosion resistance
• 100% asbestos-free formulations
•High-temperature resistant moly lube included in all boxes

http://www.rockauto.com/info/Akebono/proActChart.jpg

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Which rotors do they pair well, with, Z?

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 19, 2015, 07:53:40 AM
Which rotors do they pair well, with, Z?
I would personally stick with the oem Rotors considering both are vented,would test them out in the front to see if there is any noticeable difference in stoppping power due to the ceramics vs the semi-metallic oem pads and if so then change the rears out.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Wilson

What are a set of flower wheels going for nowadays? Thinking of selling mine since I can't see a scenario where I'd put them back on.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

ZSHO

I apologize if this topic was brought up before,just was curious how many miles are you getting with your original pads,rotors,cause changed my front rotors and pads under warranty at 22k,now over the weekend noticed the car is harder to stop,checked rear rotors and felt some uneven groves which leads me to believe its the rears now going,getting a little fustrated,cause car has 23k on her and over 4k was on long unlimited trips,thanks.Z

SHOdded

panther427

Why is choosing an oil such a hard thing.

But i do love my local napa store. They carry Amsoil, Redline, Liqui Moly, and Enos syns.
2013 SHO