• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 08, 2015, 09:58:05 PM
Much better...
Luckily im not a woman,probably arouse my nipples,especially in the car wash.LOL

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

panther427

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 08, 2015, 10:05:48 PM
Love that color.

Me too.. I dont think there is a bad color for the SHO.. i usually want a black car, but this is the first car i didn't want black :) But i didnt want silver either.

Congrats on the purchase FoMoCo
2013 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: panther427 on April 08, 2015, 10:20:41 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 08, 2015, 10:05:48 PM
Love that color.

Me too.. I dont think there is a bad color for the SHO.. i usually want a black car, but this is the first car i didn't want black :) But i didnt want silver either.

Congrats on the purchase FoMoCo
Thanks.

In order I wanted...

Deep Impact Blue
Tri White
Ruby Red

This color wasn't on the list at all, and I was really unsure but I'm glad I took the chance.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

In general wish there was more respect shown to each member here on this fine forum and the same respect and courtesy that was shown to you when you first introduced yourself,another note to mention the same reverence should also apply to our esteem vendors here on the forum which contribute there time in helping us learn more about the E.B platform,the lack of respect and batter should come to an end.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on April 09, 2015, 08:35:02 AM
In general wish there was more respect shown to each member here on this fine forum and the same respect and courtesy that was shown to you when you first introduced yourself,another note to mention the same reverence should also apply to our esteem vendors here on the forum which contribute there time in helping us learn more about the E.B platform,the lack of respect and batter should come to an end.Z
Z, I'm not sure what your referring to but this is a pretty polite and respectful little corner of the internet.

As far as the vendors go, there will always be disagreements and calling someone out because you may have a different opinion isn't disrespectful, this is an internet forum and there will be disagreements and heated exchanges. I appreciate the vendors but that doesn't mean they are above criticism.

If someone bothers you, just engage the ignore feature on them.

As the recovering drunks like to say.....

Take what you like and leave the rest....

Airbornemaikai

FoMoCoSHO couldn't have said it any better. I believe this forum is the most civilized of any forums I frequent. Also its important for vendors to be openly scrutinized (as well as praised) as to help the community be able to find answers and solutions to any problems they may have. Its the same as people reporting issues with their vehicles from the manufacturers to the government so that they can find issues and address them appropriately. If all it consisted of were butt kissing and praises all day long then vendors and manufacturers would simply take advantage of customers and it would be a lot tougher for people to see if they have a common issue or an isolated one and or how to resolve an issue. Look at all the PTU threads suddenly, a lot of people may be completely in the dark if it wasn't for things like that being discussed, and even the air intakes and how they may be a complete waste of money on these vehicles. (keep in mind these are just examples) Civilized discussion and the ability to take criticisms and how you respond is what contributes to the community and helps further the advancement of knowledge, whether you be a vendor or a customer or even just an enthusiast.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

PokerMunkee

I agree, this is a good little forum.  These are cars are still expensive enough that the little punks haven't gotten their hands on them yet! lol
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

Compared to other forums, this one is a gem. I've experienced nothing but civility here.

Sometimes it makes things interesting, though, when we get pot stirers.

And there's nothing wrong with "going against the grain", for the sake of challenging what might otherwise be accepted as fact.

You want disrespectful, pay a visit to MSF.
2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

I have always supported and endorsed this fine forum in many aspects and even eulogized a while back to Mike B about the awesome Administrators and moderators here at E.B.P.F ,heck even donated last week which must tell you something,and of course you get some bad apples anywhere you go and nothing and no one is perfect,lets just leave it at that.Z

Airbornemaikai

Yea Z, this forum is great, I was glad to donate. I came from the toxic explorer forums where if it ain't stock it ain't $*** mantra was rampant, people would disagree for no reason other than to disagree. My local car scene Facebook is a constant stream of bashing and drama lol. Like you said, we all get it enough elsewhere we don't need to bring it in here, but we definitely need to not be afraid to speak our minds in fear of retaliation. I definitely frequent this forum more than any other because of this respectful community of ecoboost lovers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

wasinger3000

What's the longest road trip some of you have done in a sho? Or anything else for that matter.

Looking at making a 3300 mile trip this summer.

Not sure if I can bring enough meth with me.. :-[
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

I would personally try to disable the meth kit before making a trip like that,just for precautionary measures1)running out of methanol ,2)hot summer months combined with unlimited,extended driving,with extra heat transfer =more strain on engine and especially on the meth kit,3)Bad gas from different states could affect performance,made two 2400 miles trips and felt the overall lack of performance due to the poor quality fuels in some states,and the long term durability and progression of the meth kit to function properly would lead me to be more hesitant on making such a long trip.Z