• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

If it makes you feel any better, PM, this is a common practice.  Look at this guideline from Infiniti:
http://www.infinitig37.com/TSB/ITB99-001a.pdf
and Toyota:
http://media.fixed-ops.com/Toy_ServiceBulletins/sb0145t11.pdf

They figure, out of sight, out of mind.  Who the heck cares about a balanced suspension anyway?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Just visit Michigan, we'll get those shocks blown out evenly no problem...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I had a chance to change the plugs today and went relativly smooth,figured check to see if there was any oil in the cac with the oil dipstick,was amazed how much oil was inside with the car being level.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

HtrdMKS

Wonder if dealership would be smart enough to tell leaked shock oil from strategically placed shock oil? Just Saying!
2013 EcoBoost MKS, Tux Black, No Mods - Yet

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on April 06, 2015, 03:24:15 PM
I had a chance to change the plugs today and went relativly smooth,figured check to see if there was any oil in the cac with the oil dipstick,was amazed how much oil was inside with the car being level.Z
That's not too bad, but could become scary!  Supposedly more oil accumulates on the OTHER bottom end of the CAC, too!  Cleaned it before, Z?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

When I checked mine last fall, it was slightly less than that...slightly meaning very close.

Something I should do again shortly.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

If you jack up the drivers side when the cac is warm the oil will flow over. That's how I removed it with my fluid extractor.  Other have zipped tied shop rags to their dip stick and soaked it up. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Need that Z2S intercooler NOW!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 06, 2015, 06:11:02 PM
That's not too bad, but could become scary!  Supposedly more oil accumulates on the OTHER bottom end of the CAC, too!  Cleaned it before, Z?
Actually that was my first time doing that at 22k,the bigger issue is the hotpipe that connects from the tb to the cac(intercooler)side inlet was bent a little by the t-bolt clamp,dont have pics at the moment,thanks.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

ZSHO

I guess sometimes its worth to get your hands dirty and have a look for yourself on the very aspect such as oil in your cac like many have performed,after seeing oil inside leads me to believe preventative maintenance is in order,that map sensor before the tb is so vulnerable to oil and dirt,would grab a can of maf cleaner every oil change and actually clean both of them,especially being so simple such as removing a few screws,so if your experiencing any hestation that will be a good easy place to start.Z

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on April 07, 2015, 08:23:55 AM
I guess sometimes its worth to get your hands dirty and have a look for yourself ...
Exactly, enjoy spending some time with your ride, take care of it and it will take care of you :)

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO