• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 01, 2015, 03:20:21 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 01, 2015, 02:59:44 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 25, 2015, 11:54:01 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 25, 2015, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 24, 2015, 03:48:15 PM
It looks like my new big girl will be here in a day or two....

Bronze Fire is the color I ended up with.
So how long before this girl becomes an alcoholic?
For once I'm hoping the dealer leaves no gas in it.

I want to experiment....Shell v-power, maybe a gallon of corn and a couple bottles of HEET.

The goal is highest effective octane with least amount of corn for fuel volume

The guys over at the Mazdaspeed forums have had success with small amount of directly injected meth....

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/methanol-direct-injection-114220/
I hadn't ever seen that thread. I use to spend alot of time at that forum. If you wade through the mountains a horse crap, there's invaluable information, which can transcend platforms. Member Phate is also quite a contributor of all things Mazdaspeed, most recently suspension dynamics.

Pretty interesting study. If we could learn the sealing materials used in our fueling system, we could learn limitations without running to failure.

I think most commonly found materials in auto systems are fluorocarbon elastomers. Viton.
Also perhaps Buna Nitrile, Chemraz and Kalrez. All alcohol safe, but I suppose swell differently.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4595.0.html
Missed that thread somehow, I guess. Hmmm...

Any gardeners here?
All of my perennials are coming back. Redbud and almond look incredible. Dropping some annuals around, here and there. Spring is just the best.

Too bad...I've yet to treat the rose bush for blight. Fully expect it'll be back this spring.
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 01, 2015, 07:47:46 PM

I want to experiment....Shell v-power, maybe a gallon of corn and a couple bottles of HEET.

The guys over at the Mazdaspeed forums have had success with small amount of directly injected meth....

I hadn't ever seen that thread. I use to spend alot of time at that forum. If you wade through the mountains a horse crap, there's invaluable information, which can transcend platforms. Member Phate is also quite a contributor of all things Mazdaspeed, most recently suspension dynamics.

Pretty interesting study. If we could learn the sealing materials used in our fueling system, we could learn limitations without running to failure.

I think most commonly found materials in auto systems are fluorocarbon elastomers. Viton.
Also perhaps Buna Nitrile, Chemraz and Kalrez. All alcohol safe, but I suppose swell differently.

Any gardeners here?
All of my perennials are coming back. Redbud and almond look incredible. Dropping some annuals around, here and there. Spring is just the best.

Too bad...I've yet to treat the rose bush for blight. Fully expect it'll be back this spring.
The wife always throws out some flowers in the spring. We do have some cool stuff that comes up every year though.

We have a trumpeter vine that brings in hummingbirds, under that some massive lily's in a bed, these huge peony bushes(huge pink flowers that ants open up), and a bunch of daffodils around the pool area. And 2 of these 10' tall trees that bloom purple flowers.

Spring gets pretty colorful around here too.

We're going to do a small garden this year...per the wife's request (demand...lol)

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 01, 2015, 07:47:46 PM

Any gardeners here?

My perennials are showing life but I'm seeing nothing on the trees...

wasinger3000

Wish I had better fuel around here. I'm seeing 1-2° of knock with a 40mph head wind in 6th at 70 mph gear. The car figures it out but still don't like it.

Might have to just add meth to the gas.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 02, 2015, 12:50:23 AM
Wish I had better fuel around here. I'm seeing 1-2° of knock with a 40mph head wind in 6th at 70 mph gear. The car figures it out but still don't like it.

The tank the car came with was horrible.

I would see +3 KR cruising at 42mph on a flat road during calm conditions with the stock tune...

There is a steep hill that leads to my house...

Tuned with E-85 I could slow to 20 and drive up in third seeing plus 5 the entire way on the happy side.

87 on the stock tune showed +6 on the naughty side the entire way up.

FoMoCoSHO

Hell I figured you would've had a retune for that by now, lol...

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 01:10:48 AM

The tank the car came with was horrible.

I would see +3 KR cruising at 42mph on a flat road during calm conditions with the stock tune...

There is a steep hill that leads to my house...

Tuned with E-85 I could slow to 20 and drive up in third seeing plus 5 the entire way on the happy side.

87 on the stock tune showed +6 on the naughty side the entire way up.
Makes me wonder how the trucks do running 87 while towing... can't be healthy. Guess it will just cut power till its happy.

I was at 1 psi boost while at 70 mph with the cruise set. It was a pretty steep load to be under boost like that.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 01:16:05 AM

Haha. Tune revision #4,604. Help me Torrie!!!!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 02, 2015, 01:16:59 AM

I was on revision 11 when I detuned the black car.

Driving it stock was quite shocking to say the least....

Last tune showed negative knock the entire run and that was at 20%....was getting ready to start cranking up the timing and moving the blend down to 15%

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 01:24:38 AM

Last tune showed negative knock the entire run and that was at 20%....was getting ready to start cranking up the timing and moving the blend down to 15%
How long before you start to push it on the new girl? Ever going to put WM on it?
I have quite a few revisions on my WM tune. Car keeps taking the small steps up so the wall has to be coming up here soon.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 02, 2015, 01:35:10 AM

How long before you start to push it on the new girl? Ever going to put WM on it?
I have quite a few revisions on my WM tune. Car keeps taking the small steps up so the wall has to be coming up here soon.
Probably 1st oil change at 4k.

IDK about WMI, too early in the game.

Are you ever going to get that thing on a track?

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 01:47:37 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 02, 2015, 01:35:10 AM

Probably 1st oil change at 4k.

IDK about WMI, too early in the game.

Are you ever going to get that thing on a track?
You should get WM so you can do some corn injection experiments. Hah.

As for my car... idk. As long as he keeps sending tunes I'll keep sending logs. I know he was working on the boost curve, not sure what else he's working on. It gives me a reason to go play. At this point I think I'd become a tad depressed if I don't see any more emails from Torrie.. haha

ZSHO

Hopefully the summer blend gas will help or cure some of the issues,think the changeover is around May 1st i believe.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on April 02, 2015, 09:09:49 AM
Hopefully the summer blend gas will help or cure some of the issues,think the changeover is around May 1st i believe.Z
Yes, I think the refineries switch over May 1st, expect a 2-4 week delay before it gets to the pumps. Makes it only 5 months of the year for the good stuff...:(

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Need to win the lotto so I can have a tank of 116 under my garage.