• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Yeah bud don't go....Would you stay even for me? I'll feel empty inside knowing the person I gave my first thank you to is gone
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 10, 2015, 10:23:06 PM
Yeah bud don't go....Would you stay even for me? I'll feel empty inside knowing the person I gave my first thank you to is gone
I really needed to clear up my head based on a personal family matter,so probably will be around,dont temp me i can always delete that thank you in a touch of a button,thanks for the warm thoughts.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

It really amazes me and find it quite upsetting based on reading up on the E.B platform having issues with coking of the intake valves which is nothing new to us,but after reading on the F150 forums and others find it amazing the amount of bashing of outside vendors due to there false products and scams especially on the oil catch can front,no wonder they simply dissapeared from this forum which is a good thing,just did not want to disclose any names or titles of the co,would be great to have a section on which vendors to avoid which i mentioned a while back,personally i think it really would benefit everyone and avoid a costly mistake,thanks,Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 13, 2015, 10:42:07 AM
It really amazes me and find it quite upsetting based on reading up on the E.B platform having issues with coking of the intake valves which is nothing new to us,but after reading on the F150 forums and others find it amazing the amount of bashing of outside vendors due to there false products and scams especially on the oil catch can front,no wonder they simply dissapeared from this forum which is a good thing,just did not want to disclose any names or titles of the co,would be great to have a section on which vendors to avoid which i mentioned a while back,thanks.Z.
Well, I'm not sure it's a "scam" necessarily. Under boost PCV operation reverses and all of that crap exits the clean side into the front turbo. When those gasses hit the charge cooler and everything falls out of suspension I believe it falls to the bottom of the charge cooler and if too much builds up over time it will get sucked up into the intake stream. There is a thread somewhere that shows how to check your CAC for buildup and iirc one member had pretty substantial buildup.

I have seen Ford's training vid on our PCV system and operation is exactly as vendors have described. Whether or not it falls out of suspension in the CAC is speculation but I don't think it is an unreasonable assumption.

SHOdded

And it will be interesting if the Z2S IC pulls even more out of suspension.  Hopefully it has a drain plug on it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 13, 2015, 10:53:04 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 13, 2015, 10:42:07 AM
It really amazes me and find it quite upsetting based on reading up on the E.B platform having issues with coking of the intake valves which is nothing new to us,but after reading on the F150 forums and others find it amazing the amount of bashing of outside vendors due to there false products and scams especially on the oil catch can front,no wonder they simply dissapeared from this forum which is a good thing,just did not want to disclose any names or titles of the co,would be great to have a section on which vendors to avoid which i mentioned a while back,thanks.Z.
Well, I'm not sure it's a "scam" necessarily. Under boost PCV operation reverses and all of that crap exits the clean side into the front turbo. When those gasses hit the charge cooler and everything falls out of suspension I believe it falls to the bottom of the charge cooler and if too much builds up over time it will get sucked up into the intake stream. There is a thread somewhere that shows how to check your CAC for buildup and iirc one member had pretty substantial buildup.

I have seen Ford's training vid on our PCV system and operation is exactly as vendors have described. Whether or not it falls out of suspension in the CAC is speculation but I don't think it is an unreasonable assumption.

Of course the asymmetric design will still have that stuff hitting the compression impellers of the front turbo...coking the blades up before it gets to the IC to condense... with the back spared this insult... it has to decrease turbo performance and longevity.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

I think its time to put my downpipes on....

ZSHO

FoMoCoSHO good luck on the DP install,after having it done twice on my car found it beneficial to use some PB blaster liberally before removing those bolts,and two sets of gaskets to ensure a leak free system,hope this helps and good luck to you.Z    http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2013/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 17, 2015, 09:08:41 AM
FoMoCoSHO good luck on the DP install,after having it done twice on my car found it beneficial to use some PB blaster liberally before removing those bolts,and two sets of gaskets to ensure a leak free system,hope this helps and good luck to you.Z    http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2013/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat
I refuse to wrench on my cars anymore. I just want to drive it and enjoy it. Hence why God made dealership techs....

FoMoCoSHO

Any yeah, new gaskets all around.

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2015, 02:11:56 PM
I refuse to wrench on my cars anymore. I just want to drive it and enjoy it. Hence why God made dealership techs....
Spot On!!!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

PokerMunkee

Got my first speeding ticket in the last 5 years.  Helluva a run considering how I drive, hopefully I can go another 5! lol

Was nailed going 12 over.  I had my radar detector muted and I wasn't paying attention.  Took off hard at a stop light and came around a corner and there the trooper was. 

Seeing if an attorney can reduce the ticket to a non moving violation.  Right now it's 4 points but gets reduced to 2 points if I pay the $170 fine within 20 days. 

If this is the worst thing that happens today, then I'm doing alright I suppose!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 18, 2015, 11:38:23 AM
Got my first speeding ticket in the last 5 years.  Helluva a run considering how I drive, hopefully I can go another 5! lol

Was nailed going 12 over.  I had my radar detector muted and I wasn't paying attention.  Took off hard at a stop light and came around a corner and there the trooper was. 

Seeing if an attorney can reduce the ticket to a non moving violation.  Right now it's 4 points but gets reduced to 2 points if I pay the $170 fine within 20 days. 

If this is the worst thing that happens today, then I'm doing alright I suppose!
Select the show up in court option. May be able to sweet talk the judge?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Stiff fine, PM!  Hope you can get it reduced/dropped.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2015, 02:11:56 PM

You mean stealership techs that leave your car dirtier and smudged up? LOL sorry couldn't resist...There are good techs out there though
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress