• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

It has the optional wheels the SHO has.  Isn't it AWD?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

PokerMunkee

Nevermind, those wheels are optional on FWD as well. 

That's a sharp looking Taurus.  Good publicity for Ford, some people will give the Taurus a look now.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

panther427

That's awesome. Hope he enjoys his new car as much as we all enjoy ours.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

For transmissions without a serviceable filter, 30K fluid exchange intervals are recommended:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nse_z9RmPcQ#ws
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 08, 2015, 07:45:21 AM
For transmissions without a serviceable filter, 30K fluid exchange intervals are recommended:
TRUE to that,guess thats why they dont recommend changing the original fluid if you exceeded more than 60k on it.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Larrylu

Anybody point me in the right direction to pick up a little knowledge about cold start and warm up, open loop and closed loop, and how O2 sensors are in play for that warm up period?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on February 08, 2015, 07:45:21 AM
Good video. Glad you found it. I'll have to look into it on mine. Wonder if that could be part of my issue. Is there any upgrade oil that we can use on our cars? Or should be stick with the ford oil?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

I think service interval is key, appropriate for your driving habits.  With performance cars, driven in that style, I feel it is better to stick to severe duty intervals rather than "normal".  If you do that, the Ford fluids should be just fine, though you can certainly upgrade if you so desire.  Full synthetic is preferred pretty much across the board for all the fluids.  One addendum:  brake fluid is not mentioned at all that I can see in Ford's services, but flushing it regularly would be good too, say, every time you change pads/rotors.

Quote from: Larrylu on February 09, 2015, 08:49:58 AM
Anybody point me in the right direction to pick up a little knowledge about cold start and warm up, open loop and closed loop, and how O2 sensors are in play for that warm up period?
For a quick definition:
http://www.modularfords.com/threads/58339-Definition-of-Closed-Loop-vs-Open-Loop?p=610557

Bike-related post, but still the basics apply:
http://bikeboy.org/open_closed_loop_efi.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Larrylu

Thanks for the leads. I will follow up.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

Very interesting and educational. I'm thinking this is playing a part in my ongoing KR spike issue.  Thanks again for the tip!

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on February 09, 2015, 09:43:12 AM
I think service interval is key, appropriate for your driving habits.  With performance cars, driven in that style, I feel it is better to stick to severe duty intervals rather than "normal".  If you do that, the Ford fluids should be just fine, though you can certainly upgrade if you so desire.  Full synthetic is preferred pretty much across the board for all the fluids.  One addendum:  brake fluid is not mentioned at all that I can see in Ford's services, but flushing it regularly would be good too, say, every time you change pads/rotors.

Quote from: Larrylu on February 09, 2015, 08:49:58 AM
For a quick definition:
http://www.modularfords.com/threads/58339-Definition-of-Closed-Loop-vs-Open-Loop?p=610557

Bike-related post, but still the basics apply:
http://bikeboy.org/open_closed_loop_efi.html
I'm looking at redline, royal purple and mobile 1 as a replacement. Do you know how to find out what transmission I have?  The manual has specs for 3 different transmissions. No numbers on the fill cap maybe on the Trans case.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Pretty sure our trans is the 6f55

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

I have always liked Castrol for oil/trans fluid, some of the best around, if you want to throw that into the mix ;)

ZSHO

I am basically refering to the owners manuel which says to use M.C mercon LV fluid,11.6 quarts for the 6F55 transmission,rear differential (AWD)Fluid M.C SAE 80w-90 2.4 pints,Power transfer unit (PTU)M.C SAE 75W-140 synthetic rear axle lubricant 18 ounces,based on 13 SHO manuel.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

After reading into it more I think I'm just going to drain out what I can and put Mercon LV back in since I don't know if redline will mix with it.

So far redline D6 ATF is the only one that says it's "suitable" for Mercon LV replacement. What ever that means...