• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 23, 2014, 01:32:27 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on August 23, 2014, 01:21:53 PM
Looking for a few opinions. I enjoy both original and at least partially custom looks on classic pickups.

Currently, my 72 C-10 sits all original, and it's a great look. I'm running the thin whitewall tires and everything. I enjoy the look enough to keep it that way, but perhaps freshen it up a tad by powder coating the original steelies a fresh coat of white, losing the factory covers, and perhaps just running those hub and nut caps, and keeping the whitewalls. Also, would run a mild static drop, such as a 3/5 or perhaps a 2/4.

Here it is now:

Alternatively, I also dig the semi-custom appearance of aftermarket, oversized wheels...something like this:

The wheels above are I believe 20", which is a little larger than I want. I'm thinking 18", with a little more tire, in a very similar style wheel.

There's bound to be an objective opinion base here. At least, more so than the truck forum. Ha.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I like the look of some aftermarket wheels on an old truck. Original is a must for some, but they don't compliment the trucks nice lines it seems.

I'm with ya there!

I don't want to lose utility, becasue I still use it alot for yard/house work and such, and even pulling a trailer, even though that is more infrequent. And I don't want to lose any more ride comfort. These old trucks aren't exactly the pinnacle of comfort, with their rudimentary cab mount design and suspension arrangement. 15" wheels gives alot to the ride comfort. Ha!

I found an example of exactly what I want to shoot for. This example is a short wide, and a Cheyenne, but still perfect to give an idea. The wheels are 18" and the drop is 3/5.

Looks friggin sweet!

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Old Craggar rims (spelling?)...exactly what I was thinking too...love it
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ford4thot

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on August 23, 2014, 01:41:45 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 23, 2014, 01:32:27 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on August 23, 2014, 01:21:53 PM
Looking for a few opinions. I enjoy both original and at least partially custom looks on classic pickups.

Currently, my 72 C-10 sits all original, and it's a great look. I'm running the thin whitewall tires and everything. I enjoy the look enough to keep it that way, but perhaps freshen it up a tad by powder coating the original steelies a fresh coat of white, losing the factory covers, and perhaps just running those hub and nut caps, and keeping the whitewalls. Also, would run a mild static drop, such as a 3/5 or perhaps a 2/4.

Here it is now:

Alternatively, I also dig the semi-custom appearance of aftermarket, oversized wheels...something like this:

The wheels above are I believe 20", which is a little larger than I want. I'm thinking 18", with a little more tire, in a very similar style wheel.

There's bound to be an objective opinion base here. At least, more so than the truck forum. Ha.

I like the look of some aftermarket wheels on an old truck. Original is a must for some, but they don't compliment the trucks nice lines it seems.

I'm with ya there!

I don't want to lose utility, becasue I still use it alot for yard/house work and such, and even pulling a trailer, even though that is more infrequent. And I don't want to lose any more ride comfort. These old trucks aren't exactly the pinnacle of comfort, with their rudimentary cab mount design and suspension arrangement. 15" wheels gives alot to the ride comfort. Ha!

I found an example of exactly what I want to shoot for. This example is a short wide, and a Cheyenne, but still perfect to give an idea. The wheels are 18" and the drop is 3/5.

Looks friggin sweet!

Yes !!!!

Plz dooo eeet

ford4thot

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ford4thot

SHOdded

Always wanted Cragars but always had FWD :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Anyone else have this rust colored stuff on the firewall
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

Quote from: panther427 on August 23, 2014, 05:57:38 PM
Anyone else have this rust colored stuff on the firewall
It's directly below the suction and discharge lines for the evap. it's most likely just moisture staining. If it's oily then it's a freon leak.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

IHeartGroceries

Appreciate the advice on the pickup, fellas.

Now, for something a little off the wall...
Anybody have experience painting with a latex sprayer and air?
I have a little rinky dink 1 gal compressor I use for small nailing jobs, dusting, airing up a tire, whatever. I'm looking into picking up a 6 gallon and a sprayer, to paint the trim and doors in my home. I'll essentially be painting the entire interior. Though, I'm guessing spraying is likely not a good idea in a filurnished home, even with drop cloth. That's fine, I can roll onto the walls.
But, I can't STAND brush strokes, which seem impossible to hide on untextured surfaces, like doors and trim.

Probably going to refloor the entire house while I'm at it, while the trim is off. Can just haul doors and reusable trim to the warehouse at work and paint them, and allow them to dry there.

Anybody have advice? I don't know much about paint, especially spraying it.

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Never sprayed myself. Did plenty of rolling and brushing. Think my painters always mixed a little extra water in paint and said to keep the gun very clean, as in after use clean it good. Painting is a non fun job I've learned. And make sure you have a good light to shine on the walls.

SHOnUup

Paint strainer also, most paint comes with chunks and you never know how long it's been there. So when using a gun, not to clog it, strain paint...i may think of more...lol

IHeartGroceries

That's good stuff. Lawd, I hate painting. Especially with a brush on trim. So, the prospect of spraying is literally exciting.
In the past, I've used some additive which is added to paint, which is suppose to reduce brush strokes, and it works a little, but it just seems impossible to avoid entirely, when using a brush. I know temperature and especially humidity play a pretty big factor in how paint settles and brush strokes and all of that jazz.

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quality of brush makes a big difference also. Spraying does sound fun. Wish I had the skills to spray cars, that sounds real fun!

kinder

Why do we drive on parkways but park in drive ways? ???
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator