• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

2013 SHO

JimiJak

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Happy Easter To All!

/`  /`/
       / V //
        /6  6
       (= Y =)
       /`"^ "`
      /  /      
     (_/ .' ' .\_)
       / ;     ; o
  ___  '-. -'/___
(((____/^\____)))

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

Here's a link to an article in today's Forbes Magazine... a bit long, but much understanding... worth the read... poor quality control among other issues is discussed.......... It seems that any reduction in greenhouse gasses gained from ethanol use in the combustion engine  is eclipsed by those created from it's production.

here's one quote:

"In 2014, the U.S. will use almost 5 billion bushels of corn to produce over 13 billion gallons of ethanol fuel. The grain required to fill a 25-gallon gas tank with ethanol can feed one person for a year, so the amount of corn used to make that 13 billion gallons of ethanol will not feed the almost 500 million people it was feeding in 2000. This is the entire population of the Western Hemisphere outside of the United States."

www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/04/20/its-final-corn-ethanol-is-of-no-use/

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 21, 2014, 10:18:40 PM
Here's a link to an article in today's Forbes Magazine... a bit long, but much understanding... worth the read... poor quality control among other issues is discussed.......... It seems that any reduction in greenhouse gasses gained from ethanol use in the combustion engine  is eclipsed by those created from it's production.

here's one quote:

"In 2014, the U.S. will use almost 5 billion bushels of corn to produce over 13 billion gallons of ethanol fuel. The grain required to fill a 25-gallon gas tank with ethanol can feed one person for a year, so the amount of corn used to make that 13 billion gallons of ethanol will not feed the almost 500 million people it was feeding in 2000. This is the entire population of the Western Hemisphere outside of the United States."

Wonder if that means a spike in prices due to this for consumable corn.....being a mid-westerner I do love my corn
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

BiGMaC

Happy Birthday Mike... Many happy returns of the day!  (but not eco part returns!, LOL)

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 01, 2014, 11:28:40 AM
Happy Birthday Mike... Many happy returns of the day!  (but not eco part returns!, LOL)

ditto ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 21, 2014, 10:18:40 PM

here's one quote:

This is a valid concern of E-85.

With tech advances you may see it moving from corn to pretty much any cellulose plant material, wood, etc.

Hemp anyone?

Short term pain for long term gain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulosic_ethanol

BiGMaC

Today is National Peace Officer's Day.

Thanks to bpd1151...  :bigthanx:

and apologies to anyone I left out due to my ignorance... We can sleep at night because of you guys!

panther427

2013 SHO

panther427

Smile I won the race no problem lol
2013 SHO

Larrylu

Yesterday I installed an experimental update Anthony at LMS sent me.  It's based on the 4+ tune I've been running since it came out. I'm really happy to say it's a very positive update. So far I have no hard numbers but based on the good old "butt dyno" it's noticeably stronger.  I have felt no loss of the good manners the car has always had. Throttle response, low end torque, and strong pull throughout the RPM range all feel noticeably improved. I'm impressed with this tune so if you are running 4+, email Anthony and get your update ASAP. You won't be sorry!  I am running the 3BAR MAP and I don't know how much that has to do with what I'm feeling, but 2 BAR or 3 BAR, give this bad boy a try.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

southtxSHO

Quote from: Larrylu on May 29, 2014, 09:48:40 PM
Yesterday I installed an experimental update Anthony at LMS sent me.  It's based on the 4+ tune I've been running since it came out. I'm really happy to say it's a very positive update. So far I have no hard numbers but based on the good old "butt dyno" it's noticeably stronger.  I have felt no loss of the good manners the car has always had. Throttle response, low end torque, and strong pull throughout the RPM range all feel noticeably improved. I'm impressed with this tune so if you are running 4+, email Anthony and get your update ASAP. You won't be sorry!  I am running the 3BAR MAP and I don't know how much that has to do with what I'm feeling, but 2 BAR or 3 BAR, give this bad boy a try.

Thanks for the info , will be emailing Anthony right now !

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

SHOdded

Good to hear, Larry!  Do you know if this update applies to both the Gen IV & V's or only the Gen IV?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!