• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FO SHO

Does anyone have a stuttering 5th gen SHO? I was driving for maybe 10 min and stopped at a red light. I gradually take off from the light and cruise with traffic for a while. When i try to mash on the gas, the car hesitates and it feels like the transmission isn't engaging. It speeds up really slow like a creep. When i hit it for the second time, it takes off like normal. It has only happened twice. I purchased the car with 38k miles. It now has 42k miles. I don't know if the spark plugs have been changed with the previous owner. I have an Unleashed tune with methanol. I did not have the methanol installed when it happened. 
AZ ALL MOTORS

steve142857

Quote from: FO SHO on January 03, 2014, 08:21:48 PM
Does anyone have a stuttering 5th gen SHO? I was driving for maybe 10 min and stopped at a red light. I gradually take off from the light and cruise with traffic for a while. When i try to mash on the gas, the car hesitates and it feels like the transmission isn't engaging. It speeds up really slow like a creep. When i hit it for the second time, it takes off like normal. It has only happened twice. I purchased the car with 38k miles. It now has 42k miles. I don't know if the spark plugs have been changed with the previous owner. I have an Unleashed tune with methanol. I did not have the methanol installed when it happened.
Probably shaftening wires between cai and engine. There is a thread for that for sure in the forum... Many of us had that problem with 5th gen SHO. Someone can chime in to give the thread (I am at movies and it is starting lol).
GL!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

DJE624

Quote from: steve142857 on January 03, 2014, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: FO SHO on January 03, 2014, 08:21:48 PM
Probably shaftening wires between cai and engine. There is a thread for that for sure in the forum... Many of us had that problem with 5th gen SHO. Someone can chime in to give the thread (I am at movies and it is starting lol).
GL!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=554.msg15431#msg15431

FO SHO

I found where those open wires were. They don't show any wear but i guess ill ask the tech to check it out. Thanks EB dam.
AZ ALL MOTORS

BiGMaC

On the plane headed to Austin for a few days.  Business, but friends, family (was born about 15 miles south in Buda), music, barbecue, and brew! ...gonna do all that! :beer: :band:

Like Willy says,"... ♫♫ just can't wait to get on the road again! ♫♫..."

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Have a great time!  Get back safe.

BiGMaC

Not really about cars.... BUT
BE AWARE... The NSA is using a program called Dropout Jeep to access and potentially take over your iPhone.  I would assume this is also true for Android and other phones.  Check it out:
http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/5/news-reports-say-nsa-can-access-your-iphone?utm_source=newsletter-unspecified&utm_medium=email

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

All they're gonna hear on my phone is setting dates for my car and trying to get interviews. 

SHOdded

Been heading this way for a while in the U S of A, no surprise.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

On a lighter note..... As some know I'm in Austin this week.  Weather is gloomy and drizzling rain... but They had a wet T-shirt contest this afternoon at a 6th street bar..... Here's pic of the Texas belle who won!

SHOdded

Isn't Austin all about the blues and all that jazz?  Great pic!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Expedited Shipping Available!  Win at the strip this weekend!

SoCalSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 08, 2014, 04:46:03 PM
Not really about cars.... BUT
BE AWARE... The NSA is using a program called Dropout Jeep to access and potentially take over your iPhone.  I would assume this is also true for Android and other phones.  Check it out:
http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/5/news-reports-say-nsa-can-access-your-iphone?utm_source=newsletter-unspecified&utm_medium=email

Sorry to inform you, but we, I mean that has been available to LE for a couple years. Just need a court order to turn your mic on.....You never know it is on...
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Sure feels good having got some things done that I have been wanting to be able to do!  The only thing pressing now (when it dries up) is to get a wash, take some pics, oh, and test a new tune! Yeehaw!

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 11, 2014, 03:39:48 PM
Sure feels good having got some things done that I have been wanting to be able to do!  The only thing pressing now (when it dries up) is to get a wash, take some pics, oh, and test a new tune! Yeehaw!

....And the new sig pic continues to improve!  Great package so far Dave!  :notworthy: