• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 30, 2013, 01:48:48 AM
Second Law of Parking is ... "Whenever possible get a place against an esplanade and park as close as you can without rubbing your tires or wheels."  LOL

True. But the wife always shoots me a dirty look when I ask her to exit the vehicle so I can park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on December 01, 2013, 11:37:56 AM

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 30, 2013, 01:48:48 AM
Second Law of Parking is ... "Whenever possible get a place against an esplanade and park as close as you can without rubbing your tires or wheels."  LOL

True. But the wife always shoots me a dirty look when I ask her to exit the vehicle so I can park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Oh yea!  I've seen that look when I ask mine to use the door handles instead of the window frame to open and close the doors.
Man, if looks could kill...  :brick:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

mjhpadi

Oh I get the look from almost everyone when I tell them not to slam the door when the close it!  I am amazed how many people think you have to slam the door to close it all the way...it drives me crazy!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SHOdded

As long as the doors are "well-hung" and do not have a door latch problem ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

After years of thinking about this it's my feeling that slamming the doors will eventually lead to problems requiring the doors to be slammed to close completely. I first noticed this with the side sliding doors in vans and minivans.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

I am thinking of making a shrine for my SHO.  This is just a very rough idea I made up on power point.  It will be maybe 18 X 24.  I hope to use the full size originals of cert and graph.  Maybe an 8 X 10 (or a few smaller ones to show angles) glossy pic. (not that one) With a real emblem right off the actual SHO and a 12 sec slip(?).  Might have to go bigger. Matted and under glass with a nice frame.  I'll save it for my grandson.

bpd1151

What a great idea and an even better idea to save it for the grandson.

Applause :clap2:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SHOdded

I'm with Mike on this one :)  This is gonna be a cool & unique project, Dave.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 05, 2013, 02:20:44 AM
What a great idea and an even better idea to save it for the grandson.

Applause :clap2:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote from: SHOdded on December 05, 2013, 04:31:11 AM
I'm with Mike on this one :)  This is gonna be a cool & unique project, Dave.

Me 3!  Cool idea!  :thumbsup:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

EcoBrick Bob

My Brick is getting Megan Coilovers installed as I write!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

adelsin

What colour do you think would compliment green gem?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

steve142857

What color complement green gem for what? Another color paint to do a two tone theme? Decals? ...
That green is unique is hard to match with another color. I can only think of black, silver or white for the moment.
Red would be like Christmas, yellow like the Packers, etc. Lol
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

DJE624

Finally getting my SHO fender "vents" tomorrow.  They just went through the Oak Creek facility.  Took a week to get them.  2nd day delivery.  Too be fair, they were quoted to arrive between yesterday and tomorrow so they did arrive within that window.  After finally deciding to get them after six months of pondering, I wanted them NOW.  Pictures coming! Here is a teaser.

BiGMaC

SHOdded

Quit it with the teasing already, Dave :o