• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopolZ

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

12 hours of sleep after working from 5:30am until 10pm between day job and working on Flex for 3 weeks is heaven!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

Took the Torque out for a spin today.  Good news and bad news.  The good news is great!  My 0-60 MPH is now 4.9 (at 40 degrees temp.) The bad news is that I am only registering 12psi boost.  Scratching my head on that one. Does boost go down in colder weather because the air is more compressed (cooler) to begin with?  IDK.  I put in a call for Anthony. 

thatsmrgimp2u

I believe that boost output is based on engine load. So temp will have an impact on how much boost you see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

EcoBrick Bob

I drained our summer home today... All water lines are overhead so I had to "blow" them out!  Lucky I have lots of wind....LOL

We are on the slow boat to FLA!   Finally....
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHOdded

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 24, 2013, 07:26:18 PM
I drained our summer home today...

Please explain, interested to know more :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

When you shut off the heat in the winter you need to drain the water pipes so they don't freeze and burst. 

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: SHOdded on October 24, 2013, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 24, 2013, 07:26:18 PM
I drained our summer home today...

Please explain, interested to know more :)

Takes about 2-3 hrs.  I have to remove all solonoids from Dishwasher, Refrigerator etc and shake water out of them, as well as drain all lines that have any water in them,  (appliances and all toilets, faucets etc.) then I have to blow the overhead lines out with air compressor so any water in copper pipes is pretty much out.  Otherwise they would freeze and burst.  Blew out about 3 gal of water from softener and drain all water out of water heater.   Use about 2 gal of anti-freeze ( car type - full strength) in all the drains. couple cups in each.  A plumber would charge me at least $300. plus materials.  And... probably make a mistake.

Several years ago we used to leave heat on, but furnace blower motor failed when it was 20 below and we had ice in toilets and about ten split pipes.  Took the Furnace repair man 4 hrs to get water turned off at our outside shutoff as the neighbor had piled 4 ft of snow and ice on top of it.
Then in spring, it took me a day to fix and solder all the copper connections.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

bpd1151

Yikes Bob..... sounds like a crap load of work.

SHOdded

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 25, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

No kidding!  You are one handy guy, EBB!  I have so much to learn yet from y'all ...

DJE624

Just watched a great show on National Geographic about Ford Motor Company.  Lots of old and new footage. 

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2013, 02:58:05 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on October 25, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

No kidding!  You are one handy guy, EBB!  I have so much to learn yet from y'all ...

Now if I could only make love to myself my life would be perfect!!!! LOL LOL LOL  OMG!!!!!!!

SHOdded

Quote from: DJE624 on October 25, 2013, 06:22:48 PM
Just watched a great show on National Geographic about Ford Motor Company.  Lots of old and new footage. 

Do you know if there is a repeat airing?

DJE624

Quote from: SHOdded on October 26, 2013, 12:22:59 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on October 25, 2013, 06:22:48 PM

Do you know if there is a repeat airing?

No, sorry I don't.  This is all I could find on their site.  Keep an eye out.  It was pretty good.