• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Wow, I thought the boat from China was slow!  What wheels are you getting?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2013, 01:20:14 PM
Wow, I thought the boat from China was slow!  What wheels are you getting?

Volk Racing CE28n 10 spoke hyper bronze 18x9.5 with Pole Position 265/35R18 and Stance SS coil overs.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

SHOdded

Planning on doing any drifting in the RX8, or strictly drag 'n' track?  Serious setup for looks 'n' go!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2013, 01:35:42 PM
Planning on doing any drifting in the RX8, or strictly drag 'n' track?  Serious setup for looks 'n' go!

Drifting and track with my mates who run Miata's.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

SoCalSHO

Cleaned the car yesterday, figured I would check the air in the spare, it was 20PSI, supposed to be 60. For those of you that have one, make sure you check yours. The dealer doesn't do it for you when you take it in for you oil change services.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Happy about pulling a 5.1 0-60 today.  Cooler weather is coming!

SHOdded

Talking about mph and not ft timing, right, Dave?   O:-)  Need to get you into the 4's!

DJE624

Yep!  Another 10-20 degree drop and I'll be there.

PopolZ

I've tried to do a  0-62 pass last night... AWD kill joy kicked in and when the power came back it kicked in again.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

DJE624

Yeah, that happened to me with the TC on. It went smooth with it off.

CooperS7777

Quote from: DJE624 on September 29, 2013, 10:20:08 PM
Happy about pulling a 5.1 0-60 today.  Cooler weather is coming!

I read this as "Happy about pulling a 5.1 60' today.", it took me 3 times before I got it right...I guess I need more coffee tonight!
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

PopolZ

Quote from: DJE624 on September 30, 2013, 01:21:00 PM
Yeah, that happened to me with the TC on. It went smooth with it off.

my tc was off...
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

akmedic77

I work offshore...I miss being able to drive. It's even worse when I can pull up the heliport cam and look at where she is parked...
2013 Oxford White F150 FX4 Crew, 5.5 Short Box, 3.55, Leer Cap, 35% Tint, 20% Brow, Black Pinstripe, LED Back-up and License Plate Lights, Mud Flaps, Cold Weather Front (Behind Grill), EcoBoost & FX4 Decal Removal, Best Observed 23 MPG

mval

sun bit off more than i could chew. had to make a quick run to hardware store & local one was closed so had to get on hwy. came up on a camaro zl1 & he gave me the nod & waved bye, bye. all i can say is that's it's fast they  say, got a good look at those ugly taillights!!!!
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

EcoBrick Bob

4Dr Mike and I finally met up at his Dyno shop!!!! FULL RACE Engineering - Phoenix, AZ.  He gave me a ride in his Dragon Wagon... Minor problem... wet seat issues, and he had to drive around for a few minutes to get my color back from PANIC WHITE!!!  Great Guy!  We are privileged to have him as our forum owner!

I only wish I were that young again!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.