• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephm

Weird to think the SHO probably gets better MPG than the RX-8?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

PopolZ

better mpg and less oil as well... but in the RX-8 it`s by design.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

SHOdded

You in Gaithersburg, MD today, Storm?  I'm only about 20 min away just east of Silver Spring.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Quote from: crash712us on September 27, 2013, 05:33:08 AM
Not sure I understand you Dave. If your describing lifting off gas while under hard acceleration. The motor continues to rev, I have experience as well. And I have chalked up to just being normal quirk. Also I have experience after several WOT's in a brief time. Such as dodging in and out traffic that throttle will be come unresponsive. And again I think the computer just know how to handle these changes as quickly as we like.

You understand.  Thanks!

geswek

Quote from: Josephm on September 27, 2013, 10:43:59 AM
Weird to think the SHO probably gets better MPG than the RX-8?

Yes; I'm lucky if I get 180 miles on a 19 gallon tank--car sucks fuel like a bad lawnmower, but it sound soooo good! I ate through 1.5 QT's of oil 400 miles after oil change because of driving it hard LOL. Gotta love that rotary!

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2013, 12:05:58 PM
You in Gaithersburg, MD today, Storm?  I'm only about 20 min away just east of Silver Spring.

Dammit to hell! Yeah I was there, for most of the day because we ran into some snags.

Josephm

I really wished the paddle shifters were useful. I went to use them for the first time tonight and was let down immensely. I couldn't even get it to shift into first, or down shift while rolling.

Was really hoping for at least being able to down shift with the paddle shifters that way I didn't have to punch it and wait for it to down shift, I could already have the rpm's up.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

DJE624

I don't like them because it's a pain to shift while you are turning the wheel.  It's a gimmick.  They should have stayed with the side gate on the shifter.  My biggest gripe.

CooperS7777

Quote from: Josephm on September 28, 2013, 12:22:40 AM
I really wished the paddle shifters were useful. I went to use them for the first time tonight and was let down immensely. I couldn't even get it to shift into first, or down shift while rolling.

Was really hoping for at least being able to down shift with the paddle shifters that way I didn't have to punch it and wait for it to down shift, I could already have the rpm's up.

Thats weird - our Sport will let me down shift just about anywhere with the paddle shifters.  I almost always use them to downshift before I pass someone.  I like the fact that I can use the paddles while in the regular "D" position on the shift knob.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

SHOdded

No probs, Storm!  Hope you got those snags worked out?  We'll try for a meetup next time :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2013, 03:56:35 AM
No probs, Storm!  Hope you got those snags worked out?  We'll try for a meetup next time :)

I'm up for it any time, lemme know! The drive isn't bad.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

Josephm

Quote from: CooperS7777 on September 28, 2013, 01:42:53 AM
Quote from: Josephm on September 28, 2013, 12:22:40 AM

Wow that would be amazingly at anytime be able to down shift with them

Thats weird - our Sport will let me down shift just about anywhere with the paddle shifters.  I almost always use them to downshift before I pass someone.  I like the fact that I can use the paddles while in the regular "D" position on the shift knob.

Lucky.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoBrick Bob

I can't remember the last time I used the paddle shifters... 

I do occasionally use the console manual option (sport mode) in my 09' G8 because it has a stall converter and a BIG tranny cooler, and sometimes when fluid is cold, it needs to be nudged into 6th.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

2010 Mazda RX8-R3 TurboXS Exhaust

Annoying people in the Baltimore tunnel while crawling in traffic.

SHOdded

Certainly know how to get noticed, Storm :)  Sounds mean!

geswek

Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2013, 01:15:48 PM
Certainly know how to get noticed, Storm :)  Sounds mean!

It's coming along very nicely!

I ordered the coil overs, wheels, and tyres today, wheels are from Japan and about 3 month wait.

She will come out next year looking fantastic!

Sent from a mobile, I think.