• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lowered on stock wheels and tires

Started by FracaSHO, May 17, 2014, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

Anyone lowered their SHO, (eibach's, H&R's, Megan coilovers) and keep their stock wheels and tire size?  I have Megan's on order but am seriously contemplating on meth over Nurbs with whats left of my budget.  I know I could get wider tires, but I just bought mine 5,500 miles ago an stayed with 245/45/20.  So it will be a while until I can get wider tires. Thanks.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

crash712us

Yep lots of people. No issues here with with coil overs or H&R's.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

FoMoCoSHO

I will be installing the Eibach Pro kit whenever my dealer digs out from their current onslaught.

I have considered spacers to push the flower powers out a bit to tide me over till I decide on wheels.

FracaSHO

Quote from: crash712us on May 17, 2014, 03:19:52 PM
Yep lots of people. No issues here with with coil overs or H&R's.

Not really worried about issues. I'm more concerned with how it looks compared to wider wheels that "fill out" the fenders more.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 17, 2014, 03:35:59 PM
I will be installing the Eibach Pro kit whenever my dealer digs out from their current onslaught.

I have considered spacers to push the flower powers out a bit to tide me over till I decide on wheels.

I've heard 3mm spacers are max. I've also heard of someone running I think 5/16" up front and 7/16" rear. I've also heard must go with hub centric and the studs will need to be lengthened. And some are weary of spacers on stock wheels altogether. So many different options and so many different opinions. I would love to get spacers, but it seems hard to pin down exactly which ones would be safest and best.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad

BBOX

I can post some pictures of my MKS or if you want to see it live we could see about meeting up, you're not very far from me.

FracaSHO

Quote from: BBOX on May 17, 2014, 10:45:59 PM
I can post some pictures of my MKS or if you want to see it live we could see about meeting up, you're not very far from me.

Pics would be appreciated. In all honesty I'm gonna install the Megan's anyway. I'll find out then wether or not I'll like the look. I'm just always second guessing myself. Thanks.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad