• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed SCT X4 tuning for Explorer Sport

Started by CooperS7777, May 14, 2014, 01:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooperS7777

I know there isn't a huge concentration of Sport folks here (or anywhere for that matter!), but I'm looking to hear from anyone who has experience with Unleashed and or the X4 with a Sport.

I've been Lund tuned since ~800 miles, but the lack of updates/vehicle specific tuning has me considering switching.  The simple fact that I can sell the X4 if/when were done is even better.

Thanks,

Coop
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

roushed

I second that

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JimiJak

While I would love to save $$ on an X4, the problem you run into is a new X4 is $400 including tuning, and a custom tune set for a used X4 is $200...and I can't imagine I would have to pay less than that for a used X4, so I might as well buy a new one.

COULD you sell it? Sure! But I don't know that anyone is buying...

Just my concern.

I would MUCH rather have an iTSX for my Nexus 7...but it's not compatible yet. As best I can tell, neither is a LiveWire TS.

Anyone feel free to correct me on this stuff! I would love to be wrong here. :)
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

CooperS7777

I can see your point as far as resale is concerned.  But the ability to get, say, $100 back on the investment versus $0 back as is the case with the Lund/LMS devices, as well as the ability for more open source tuning to take place, make it a more logical option.

2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

silver86

I'm in the same boat, and irritated that the Lund SS tune is still not out.

I look at the Lund tuner now as a sunk cost. I like my tune, don't get me wrong, but I want more flexibility.

The only reason I don't have the X4, is because my PCM code is not yet supported.

dcpatters

Yeah, not happy with Lund.  I guess they have different priorities, which don't include the Explorer.  Seriously considering going with Unleashed.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

JimiJak

Have any of your Lunders tried getting a hold of Lund to see what their plans are for the SS release?
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

dcpatters

Quote from: JimiJak on May 14, 2014, 11:10:11 PM
Have any of your Lunders tried getting a hold of Lund to see what their plans are for the SS release?

Yes, but they stopped replying.  Initially,"we're working on it, releasing soon, blah, blah...."  This was months ago.  Then I heard from a SS tune beta tester there were still issues.  All I can say, the Lund Tune is much better than the LMS tune I had. 
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

nitrous_mike

Ken has stretched himself too thin since the old days of MD while he is a good tuner I do think he has way too much on his plate now. I wanted to use him for my SHO tune but after a year of the expected drop date I went with Torrie. While I have all of the respect in the world for Ken and what he has done but I am very happy with the tunes that Torrie has put together for me while I dont have a sport I think you be happy with his ability and what seams to be a tighter shop that is not as big as lund so you do get a faster turn around.