• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hello from MSP!

Started by WinPlaceSHO, April 03, 2020, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinPlaceSHO

Hi I'm a forced induction-aholic...

It all started over a decade ago with a Grand Prix GTP (competition group) that was tastefully modded to Stage 2 -- then I became a Dad and had to give that up for a bit, because I couldn't fit all of my kids in a car.  Fast forward to February of this year, I was looking for a 3rd vehicle that would be my daily driver to go to work and back, Ford was offering some great prices on sedans since they aren't going to be selling them here in the USA.  I was looking for something with AWD (living in MN this is very nice) and adaptive cruise control, since it's a little over 20ish miles to work, forced induction would be a "nice to have."

That's when me and this Black 2018 SHO non-pp locked eyes, she ticked all the boxes and then some, it was love at first sight.  I have to say, whoever invented adaptive cruise control should win a Nobel peace prize, it definitely helps in traffic where people can't figure out what speed they want to go.

It only had 28k and change on it, so it has factory warranty left, but I didn't let that stop me... in the last two months I have added:  GH AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's @ .026 | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | AirRaid CAI | H&R Springs | De-Badged for that sleeper look (fender badges replaced with PI black badges)

The XDI-35 is getting delivered today and I will soon be adding an e30/e40 tune to the list.  When they are in stock: GH IC (hoping this will be soon, since I have time in the quarantine, to get it installed)

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the knowledge sharing, it is so helpful not having to guess and check, since someone else has done all the leg work for you.  I hope that I'm able to give back to the community.

I can't wait for the track to open, so I can see if I can Win, Place or SHO!  (really I just want to beat my neighbors 2018 Audi S5 convertible - since he keeps giving me crap about the 4 door)

P.S., quick question, does anyone know what MSD coils part number I would need?  I'm trying to get some from a member on here, but Holley doesn't have the part number for an '18, I would like them in Black.  I'm going to call the Ford dealership, but I'm guessing they will only give me the part number to the OEM, since they told me that the PTU and RDU are lifetime fluids.  (Ha!  Good one... I didn't listen, those were changed out when the DP's were done, and the transmission fluid was done at that time too)

P.P.S, It's already been to Mexico, and some poor kid in a Honda with a fart can on the back, couldn't believe he was beat so bad by a sensible looking 4 door family car.  He still gave me the thumbs up as I turned onto my exit back to the US though!

[Edited - typos]
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

SM105K

Welcome. Looks like a nice ride.

For your coils.  Wsho in this thread works for Holley and is doing a group buy with his employee discount.

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/msd-coils.137332/page-5

Your part number would be: 825763.  All 2013+ coils are the same.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

WinPlaceSHO

Quote from: SM105K on April 03, 2020, 01:08:28 PM
Welcome. Looks like a nice ride.

For your coils.  Wsho in this thread works for Holley and is doing a group buy with his employee discount.

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/msd-coils.137332/page-5

Your part number would be: 825763.  All 2013+ coils are the same.

Thanks, it's so weird how they say they don't fit the 2018, even though they obviously do.

I would snap a quick pic to throw on here, but it's currently snowing, maybe next week... it's supposed to get into the 60's.  Sounds like a tropical heat wave is coming!
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

SM105K

Lol, I meant it sounds like a nice ride.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, glad to have ya!  Pics of current & former rides are always welcome.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

WinPlaceSHO

These were the pics I snapped before I put it up for sale, I put almost 200k miles on it, and it was extremely reliable.  I loved the sedan, it was a real sleeper, and at a couple hundred pounds more than the coupe it was still WAY lighter than the SHO.

SHOdded

Like the wheels and the license plate too :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Welcome.

Well written intro. Great hearing new members being as enthusiastic about the platform, as all of us were when each/all 1st laid eyes on ours.

Nice also to see that you've done some researching of prior members posts, as it relates to their experiences. Whether those be routine maintenance, or aftermarket upgrades.

A rarity as it seems most noobs just come on and start positing a lot of questions w/o doing an intro, and worse, w/o doing even preliminary research, yet alone in depth research, to see if others have provided solutions to same.

So + 1 ga-zillion for that!

Nice beginning mod list. I suspect you'll be beating that neighbor's Audi soon enough, then you can give him $h!t back in return.

Good luck and continue enjoying!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WinPlaceSHO

The new xdi-35 is here and so is the new e30 tune, big shout out to Matt at GH, he hooked me up with the tune super fast.  He's been super great to work with, although I kind of expected it, because his reputation proceeds him.

Now to get them both installed and start trolling my neighbors house!  Too bad it's AWD, no smokey burnouts in front of his house, you know... To send a message. Ha!

He said he'd come to a test and tune at a track with me. I'm just not sure when they are going to open.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ecoboostsho

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan (Just south of MSP).  I'm on my second SHO and right before my first one I owned a 2004 Pontiac GTP as well!  Your in good company here and a lot of the guys on here have a ton of experience modding this car and then some.  Maybe I'll see you out on the road someday...I'm running a Gearhead Tune as well and may invest in the XDI!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

WinPlaceSHO

Sweet, I'm in the north metro.

The new xdi-35 is different, it doesn't put the line over the coil, I added a pic of the install from this weekend.

As well as a few other pics, to show off the debadged sleeper look I'm trying to pull off.

On the first tank of e30, wow... That's it, just wow.  I'm thinking the neighbors audi is going down, ha!

WinPlaceSHO

Oh, and something to add, that nut under the throttle body is tricky, so I bent a wrench to fit!

If you need to borrow it, I'll send it out, it'll be the "community" wrench.... Don't get cute with that... Unless you want to... Hahaha!

Chris_Flex

Quote from: WinPlaceSHO on April 05, 2020, 08:34:14 PM
Sweet, I'm in the north metro, up in Lino Lakes.

The new xdi-35 is different, it doesn't put the line over the coil, I added a pic of the install from this weekend.

As well as a few other pics, to show off the debadged sleeper look I'm trying to pull off.

On the first tank of e30, wow... That's it, just wow.  I'm thinking the neighbors audi is going down, ha!

Does XDI no longer provide a fuel line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

WinPlaceSHO

With the updated model, they can supply one, or you can reuse your old one. 

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost