• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Local Track Opening 5/23 finally!!

Started by ridered74, May 22, 2020, 01:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

National Trails in Hebron Ohio is finally allowed to open. They are only allowing 100 cars each weekend day and they had online purchasing open at 7pm today to the first hundred that clicked the button. I was sitting there at 6:59 clicking the refresh button like mad and ended up scoring one of the hundred tickets.

It got me excited and started watching videos from last year's trips to the track.

The entire way thru the staging lanes I was trying to count cars and kept coming up with numbers that put this guy against me. All the way up to the very last spot I thought for sure there was no way I was going to race him. I figured he would get a bye run, but then they waved both of us thru. I couldn't see thru his helmet, but I'm sure he was afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXw7NXuZ-A&list=UUULVbE3N3qsbwXjE7PcI3aA&index=18

To put it in perspective how close the race was, his trap speed was around 88 if I remember right.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

StealBlueSho

Nice! 11's of bust!

Tracks around here are still private rentals only! But if they are limiting the amount of cars, maybe the staging lanes won't be packed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76fomoco

Our track open last weekend with the same 100 racers and only 100 crew. I was very nice! got 5 runs in 6 hours. Enjoyed it so much I did it again for Sunday!
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

ridered74

Felt slightly out of place today. Only 100 racers were allowed in and I did not see a single other person that drove their car in the first two hours I was there. Literally every single other car was brought in on a trailer. LOL!

Best pass of day was 12.040, I think worst was 12.1 something. Got lots of runs in but it was a very warm day. DA was 2500. I had run a 12.04 full weight with dragy last week when the temps were in the 40's, today I had the passenger seat and rear seats removed. Also pulled in with half a tank of gas. Since there were only 100 racers I figured I would be able to get a lot of pulls so I wanted to make sure I had plenty of gas. Kinda paranoid about having it be too low and hanging an injector open.

Here's a video of one of the trailer cars smoking me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZixEuarxGM
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET