• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

Sooo, lighter flex plate equates to faster revving like rotating  mass on wheels and tires?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHOdded

Yes.  Thats what the fidanza flywheel did for the MTX.  Though the greater contribution is to power handling. Oem ford flexplates are relatively flimsy to begin with.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Completely agree with SHOdded....

Primary purpose of me bringing this to the platform (& doing all the research, leg work, ponying up parts, deposits, and up front costs) was to strengthen what was offered in an OEM format, as well as to handle the power goals I am targeting.

Any ancillary benefits of it being lighter, and/or spinning up faster, less rotational mass etc. is unintentional and doesn't fulfill the primary stated purpose.

I guess as more of them get out there, that data may become available.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Any word on the transmission stuff? Are you getting the PTU done as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 24, 2020, 06:56:53 PMAny word on the transmission stuff? Are you getting the PTU done as well?

Last info I heard, which was a few weeks ago, was that the vendor (who's based out of Michigan) was fighting with the political powers that be, in order to just simply get parts delivered to him. Becoming quite the daunting task from what I understand, as the Governor of Michigan is just as bad as the Governor of my craptastic State.

I do know that he was machining the drum to hold more clutches etc. in order to provide more clamping force. But no real tangible updates beyond that.

As far as my PTU goes, I did purchase a brand new one (despite my old, OEM one being completely fine) and had it dismantled and had the "WPC Treatment" applied to it.

So I am hopeful that that alone will be beneficial in moving forward. As with everything else being performed, I alone will find out eventually. Right?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 24, 2020, 07:18:53 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 24, 2020, 06:56:53 PMAny word on the transmission stuff? Are you getting the PTU done as well?

Last info I heard, which was a few weeks ago, was that the vendor (who's based out of Michigan) was fighting with the political powers that be, in order to just simply get parts delivered to him. Becoming quite the daunting task from what I understand, as the Governor of Michigan is just as bad as the Governor of my craptastic State.

I do know that he was machining the drum to hold more clutches etc. in order to provide more clamping force. But no real tangible updates beyond that.

As far as my PTU goes, I did purchase a brand new one (despite my old, OEM one being completely fine) and had it dismantled and had the "WPC Treatment" applied to it.

So I am hopeful that that alone will be beneficial in moving forward. As with everything else being performed, I alone will find out eventually. Right?

Blazing trails like you normally do! And the community thanks you for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

Man that flywheel ssssure issss perrrtyyy

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Twintrbskies

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 24, 2020, 06:51:39 PM
Completely agree with SHOdded....

Primary purpose of me bringing this to the platform (& doing all the research, leg work, ponying up parts, deposits, and up front costs) was to strengthen what was offered in an OEM format, as well as to handle the power goals I am targeting.

Any ancillary benefits of it being lighter, and/or spinning up faster, less rotational mass etc. is unintentional and doesn't fulfill the primary stated purpose.

I guess as more of them get out there, that data may become available.

Pat yourself on the back much? In a very over intellectual way. I do look forward to seeing the progress on your build as I can understand its an enduring trek that most of us watch through glasses. Props to you on the massive effort!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

bpd1151

I'm hoping that that opening line is laden with sarcasm.

Actually I'm quite humble and have always paid homage to those with the talents to do what they do and have contributed their own time, talents, and treasure to this project.

I have begun to realize with the SHO project (more so than any other project cars I've undertaken in the past) really truly how much leg work goes into developing and bringing attention to new product(s).

It's crazy the amount of phone calls, emails, coercing, up front investment, background work etc. that goes into what one sees as a "final product" that allows others to simply click the "add to cart" and then the "proceed to checkout" buttons respectively.

It's important IMHO in keeping the platform moving forward, and allowing all owners to enjoy these niche cars in their own individual experiences.

Thank you for keeping up on the thread. It means a lot. I know this build seems to be taking not only longer than desired, but even longer than I anticipated.

Hopefully great results will come as a result of all the efforts undertaken.

Cheers!

TopherSho

:) Lightwieght flywheel.. yeah buddy,  now you need a windage tray :D
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Twintrbskies

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 27, 2020, 01:21:26 AM
I'm hoping that that opening line is laden with sarcasm.

Actually I'm quite humble and have always paid homage to those with the talents to do what they do and have contributed their own time, talents, and treasure to this project.

I have begun to realize with the SHO project (more so than any other project cars I've undertaken in the past) really truly how much leg work goes into developing and bringing attention to new product(s).

It's crazy the amount of phone calls, emails, coercing, up front investment, background work etc. that goes into what one sees as a "final product" that allows others to simply click the "add to cart" and then the "proceed to checkout" buttons respectively.

It's important IMHO in keeping the platform moving forward, and allowing all owners to enjoy these niche cars in their own individual experiences.

Thank you for keeping up on the thread. It means a lot. I know this build seems to be taking not only longer than desired, but even longer than I anticipated.

Hopefully great results will come as a result of all the efforts undertaken.

Cheers!

Of course it was brotha. No harm intended :innocent:

Hard work pays off, and in your case, will help many to come. That's got to be tiresome. Keep your head up man, I'm sure its taking a toll but we appreciate what your doing right now (as well as done).
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

bpd1151

05/28/2020......

Boundary Racing Billet Oil Pump has arrived!!!

Also went one step further, and had the "WPC Treatment" applied to this piece as well.

No anticipated oil starvation events thanks to this product.

Hope everyone's well and slowly getting back to normal. Whatever normal may be of course.

Now if someone can just convince that stubborn Governor over yonder in Michigan to stop repeatedly extending the "stay at home/shut down" orders, maybe my transmission vendor can start receiving parts deliveries and finish up my custom trans work sometime in this lifetime!

Fingers crossed!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

06/10/2020......

My longtime mechanic friend said he's recently spoken with the transmission vendor. Work is nearing completion. So much so that I was asked if I had a color preference (if any) for the casing.

Also, received an update from engine builder today as well, along with a few pics.

More parts have finally returned from the vendor performing the "WPC Treatment", and as such, more assembly work on the motor has commenced......

New crank (WPC'd as well) installed. Said it spins smooth as butter.

Head bolts properly installed, torque'd etc. (unlike how "L" had them installed, with outer's double washered, inner's no washers at all, what a joke).

Pin on the left is WPC'd. One on the right is factory new/untouched.

Wanted to share the progress. Get'n there. Little bit at a time.

SHOdded

So much goes into engine and transmission assembly, it is nice to see the whole thing develop in slo mo.