• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Splitter

Started by 802SHO, August 12, 2019, 07:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

As many of you know the options for exterior styling are limited for our platform.  For the most part all we can do there is tint, black out chrome, debadge, add badges, lower the suspension and add a nice set of wheels.  There is a rear window spoiler to buy and a front chin spoiler.

Watching other vehicles enhance their appearance with exterior styling modifications available to them makes me feel left out.  We really get the short end of the stick with this platform.  It's such a good sleeper the vast majority of the aftermarket world didn't take notice, with the exception of just a few. 

I like the way splitters look and enhance the appearance of mustang, cameros, corvettes, caddilacs...etc.  So I looked around and searched out universal ones but nothing was wide enough for our massive front ends.  I decided to make my own.

It's constructed of 1/4" ABS plastic (rigid and durable) and I covered the cut edge with 1/4" Trim Lok.  It's fastened to my Extreme Dimensions front chin spoiler with 10 stainless steel bolts, lock washers, washers and nuts.  For the splitter rods I went with Full Torque Racing (FTR) rods for their quality and to stiffen up this splitter under downforce.  Even with this splitter not replacing the splash guard it certainly works.  I can tell its much more stable at high speeds than ever before. 

Some of you have expressed interest in this splitter for your own rides.  I'm interested to see if any others would also be interested.  I also will start making one that will fit the SHO's that do NOT have the Extreme Dimensions front chin spoiler. 

Currently I am going to have my splitter dimensions cleaned up and cut with a laser jet.  If I'm going to send you guys a splitter it's going to have to be quality craftsmanship.  I'm also going to look into cleaning the edge with an edge router so that its optional if you want the Trim Lok.  A splitter would come to you with all fasteners, Trim Lok if you want it and the FTR splitter rods. 

This does require drilling into your lower grille and removing the front bumper is a must to do that and secure the splitter rod. 

Thank you for your interest.  Stay tuned for updates.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Me likely, me wanty.

Let the community know when deposits will be accepted, and more importantly, how production progresses.

Thank you for stepping forward and taking up the reigns on this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Hell yea Andrew. What a way to step up and help the community. All I can say is I've seen this car in person recently. The splitter looks amazing. Pictures do not do it justice. If I still had my sho I'd already be in line.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

For more info.....

https://www.extremedimensions.com/10-12-Taurus-Racer-FL.html

However, I found this same one cheaper with wikibuy on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Taurus-10-12-Front-Bumper-Lip-Under-Air-Dam-Spoiler-Racer-Style-/312124251833

That is the front chin spoiler that Andrew has. I am picking one up as I write this.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Nova

Quote from: SM105K on August 12, 2019, 10:44:44 AM
For more info.....

That is the front chin spoiler that Andrew has. I am picking one up as I write this.
It says it fits 10-12...do you know if it would fit my 18? Cuz I would love to have that custom splitter that 802 is trying to make.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Quote from: Nova on August 12, 2019, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: SM105K on August 12, 2019, 10:44:44 AM
For more info.....

It says it fits 10-12...do you know if it would fit my 18? Cuz I would love to have that custom splitter that 802 is trying to make.

It will fit.  Another member on SHO forum used it on his 13.  13-19 there is no difference.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Nova

Sweet! Thank you!!

802SHO

Easton is correct the front chin spoiler will fit 2010 to current.

I'm really honored you guys love the look!  I dont know how well this will look without the front chin spoiler but we'll find out. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

FearlessAZ

I totally want to see what it looks like on an MKS
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

802SHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 12, 2019, 01:47:03 PM

I agree.  Wouldn't that be something if we all had the same lower cladding.....then the mks could get the chin spoiler and the splitter.  Clearly no one has tried to mount the chin spoiler to an MKS. 

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on August 12, 2019, 02:33:14 PM
Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 12, 2019, 01:47:03 PM

I agree.  Wouldn't that be something if we all had the same lower cladding.....then the mks could get the chin spoiler and the splitter.  Clearly no one has tried to mount the chin spoiler to an MKS.

I bet that chin spoiler will fit a MKS.  The bottom of the MKS and SHO look about the same.

802SHO

Currently the splitter to fit all extreme dimension front chin spoilers is being transfered to a CAD drawing.  I have consulted a couple different companies to use this drawing to precision cut the splitter out of ABS plastic sheets. 

I'll have one prototype sent to me and installed on my car to verify the quality.  So long as it checks out these will be ready for shipment in no time. 

I will share more information as I acquire it.

fordfanstan

@802SHO did you have your front grilles painted? And the DRL plastic inserts?

802SHO

Quote from: fordfanstan on August 13, 2019, 04:36:24 PM
@802SHO did you have your front grilles painted? And the DRL plastic inserts?

Yes my front grille and plastic drl inserts are tuxedo black