• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FMIC Install/Routing

Started by GotGrip?, June 29, 2020, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GotGrip?

So in the beginning of this adventure I had an idea to test Bar/plate vs Tube/Fin style intercoolers and the results are basically T/F sucks, I do have some pictures of that cooler on the vehicle, but ultimately the IAT2 temp was higher at all points in the rpm range. The cooler shown in these pictures was removed and replaced with a Treadstone TR8C (they are both B/P style but TR was more efficient).  So now that you have some back story, here's some photos!

If you're looking for a one stop shop kit there is a user now selling them so you don't have to spend the time piecing all together. If anyone has questions, I will try to do my best to answer them!

Yes, the stock Intercooler is out, and there is a little bit of minor trimming, shouldn't take more than 15 mins all together to do.

(Sorry for the delay getting this posted, been having issues with photos!)

2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

SM105K

Is the AC still functioning normal like before?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

FiveLeeter918

yeah buddy! ready to see track times.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

GotGrip?

Yep, AC condenser is just pushed back into the core support and bolted to core support.
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

SM105K

Quote from: GotGrip? on June 29, 2020, 12:26:12 PM
Yep, AC condenser is just pushed back into the core support and bolted to core support.

I should have been more clear in my question.  Does the AC perform normal because the front mount is blocking most of the condenser. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

GotGrip?

Quote from: SM105K on June 29, 2020, 12:39:15 PM

I should have been more clear in my question.  Does the AC perform normal because the front mount is blocking most of the condenser.

Oh yes, still blows ice cold, the only part that is really blocked by the front mount is the Trans cooler and a little bit of the top of the AC portion. The condenser(lower) gets most of the air flow from what I can tell from the lower grill. But from what I can see in the datalogs I have there is no difference in temp in coolant or trans temp, or the change is negligible.

SM105K

Quote from: GotGrip? on June 29, 2020, 12:43:40 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 29, 2020, 12:39:15 PM

Oh yes, still blows ice cold, the only part that is really blocked by the front mount is the Trans cooler and a little bit of the top of the AC portion. The condenser(lower) gets most of the air flow from what I can tell from the lower grill. But from what I can see in the datalogs I have there is no difference in temp in coolant or trans temp, or the change is negligible.

Cool cool, thanks buddy.

GotGrip?

Fixed the pictures so they can actually be blown up. So feel free to check them out again!

GotGrip?

Forgot to post here, for those looking to do the FMIC set up and worried about not being able to use a front grille. WORRY NOT! The treadstone fits behind a stock unaltered grill if you don't want mesh.