• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Has anyone install custom Hood?

Started by KMAN69, July 05, 2020, 12:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMAN69

I have a 2017 SHO and looking for the Front Lip Air Dam and to see if it will fit. I came across this page with custom hoods anyone have one ?

https://www.bodykits.com/i-31651244-ford-taurus-gt500-v2-duraflex-body-kit-hood-115368.html

802SHO

Yeah over on SHOForum.  Looks decent from what I could tell

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: KMAN69 on July 05, 2020, 12:55:00 PM
I have a 2017 SHO and looking for the Front Lip Air Dam and to see if it will fit. I came across this page with custom hoods anyone have one ?

https://www.bodykits.com/i-31651244-ford-taurus-gt500-v2-duraflex-body-kit-hood-115368.html

Over on SHOForum member Skyshadow bought the fiberglass hood and said it was junk. 

GotGrip is another member on here and over there.  He bought the CF version and we are awaiting what he has to say about it.

If you bought the duraflex front lip, it will not bolt onto the 13+ SHO's.  You will have to take it to a body shop and they will have to graft it onto your lower bumper.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

There are at least two guys who purchased the fiberglass version. One of who is a friend of mine said his body shop couldn't even fix all the issues. He literally is trying to return it.. not sure where it is..

There is a guy who purchased the CF version and said it was good. The pictures posted looked decent from a fitment standpoint.. at least from a camera lens.

The duraflex front lip is designed for the 2010-2012 vehicles. I spoke to a guy who is running it on his 2015 and he said the only issue was the mounting on backside in the wheel wells... there was a different bolt and a small amount of trimming. But its not a direct bolt on. He did say it was still really easy.

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on July 06, 2020, 11:54:45 AM
There are at least two guys who purchased the fiberglass version. One of who is a friend of mine said his body shop couldn't even fix all the issues. He literally is trying to return it.. not sure where it is..

There is a guy who purchased the CF version and said it was good. The pictures posted looked decent from a fitment standpoint.. at least from a camera lens.

The duraflex front lip is designed for the 2010-2012 vehicles. I spoke to a guy who is running it on his 2015 and he said the only issue was the mounting on backside in the wheel wells... there was a different bolt and a small amount of trimming. But its not a direct bolt on. He did say it was still really easy.

Mine is a complete nightmare, hence why it isnt on the car.  Nothing lines up, and there are gaps in it.  I wonder what it looks like in the front on his 15.  Maybe you could ask him to post pics? 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Looks like this on this car...

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

I see that.  I wonder what he did. I must have modified his stock bumper, because it looks different than mine. How did he mount it as well?

StealBlueSho

Ford Derrick is the owner, I pinged him back in May of last year.. attached is the screen shot of our quick convo...

"No problem you have to trim 2 spots on each side of the lower grill you will see where its hitting"
"I also installed elevator bolts with epoxy on the back with brackets to reinforce it because I lost one on the highway"

Fun Fun!!

802SHO

Yeah it's the biggest downfall of the chin spoiler.  It is not ready for install.  The body shop that did mine reinforced the center with part if a license plate bracket, they also trimmed some of the length.  I basically just had to let them do whatever they wanted.  They also had my bumper, so I had them fill all the rock chips and repaint that at the same time.  They attached pieces of plastic they heated up and bent into clips on the chin spoiler, so it aligns with the existing holes of the lower cladding that gets removed for the chin spoiler.  So it slides in perfectly and I have one bolt on each end, then where the clips are, they drilled holes, once inserted into the bumper slots, I simply thread a Philips head screw in...its never come off.  Attaching the splash guard is also fun bc now there's nothing for the splash guard to attach to in thr front, so I use stainless steel zip ties...(plastic zip ties ripped and I mangled some of the splash guard from dragging it) I attach the stainless steel zip ties into the splash guard then in and out of the plastic slots for the OEM lower cladding and it doesn't budge..tightens up the whole front end with that splash guard.  Bc I've been testing a lot of things recently on my car, I've left the splash guard off, so I can take off and put my front bumper back on ...which I've done 6 or 7 times already.  The whole front end flexes slightly without that splash guard ...and I've done some quarter mile Dragy pulls without the splash guard lol...can't be good for aerodynamics.  Front end is probably like a parachute, catching all the air instead of it flowing under the car lol!  So maybe I'll get a faster Dragy with my splash guard back on...who knows.

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on July 07, 2020, 09:54:32 AM
Ford Derrick is the owner, I pinged him back in May of last year.. attached is the screen shot of our quick convo...

"No problem you have to trim 2 spots on each side of the lower grill you will see where its hitting"
"I also installed elevator bolts with epoxy on the back with brackets to reinforce it because I lost one on the highway"

Fun Fun!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Effing Mike F of the win!!!!!!!!

I was having the same issue with fitment on mine.  Those two pieces he trimmed were completely screwing me up.  On the 2010 to 2012 the bottom lip is flush, on the 13+ it has those two spots.   

GotGrip?

I am unfortunately still waiting as mentioned above, there was a mailing/freight issue that I am waiting for them to resolve. Part was sent to my state but was never scanned in before be loaded on the truck. So all I can see is the info was received and no updates on tracking location. Been on the phone with "Pilotdelivers" and man they are awful, probably would have paid the extra to go through someone else to at least have shipping info.
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

6500rpm

I put the chin spoiler  on my 13, required a little profiling in the area between  the driving lights and lower grill mostly. I used a dremel multi tool with the sanding triangle  attachment. It a honeymoon fit for sure but it's  doable. I  also used 3M trim tape at the top and made four z shaped brackets to help stabilize  the bottom since the only two provided mounting points are at the wheel wells. In general, fiberglass sucks imho. The chin spoiler would have been a much better, easier design in plastic. Hopefully the carbon fiber hood gets better  reviews than the fiberglass version.

Edit-Holy Cow 802SHO, I wasn't signed in when I read your post and missed the pics. They went yard on your spoiler-two thumbs up!
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!