• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded HPFP on its way!

Started by StrawHatShinobi, December 12, 2013, 11:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I would tend to agree.  The cut out will allow the turbos to spool up faster and the engine wind out quicker with the same tune.

FoMoCoSHO

Keep in mind Ford said hell no about anything above E10.

Then they quietly backtracked and said E-15 is fine.

We know they have tested the EB at 30% blends.

We also know they have tested E85@100% + port injected 93

My ECM has had no issues dealing with the blends I have ran to date.

Do the math.

SwampRat

I would say no to the Tune having to be modified  to use 4DR's cutout . He ran it in his Flex for How long .... with no mention of this issue and you know  he monitors all of the variables closely .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on March 08, 2014, 10:53:27 PM
I would say no to the Tune having to be modified  to use 4DR's cutout . He ran it in his Flex for How long .... with no mention of this issue and you know  he monitors all of the variables closely .
Maybe He'll chime in and educate us since we don't know what his tune was and we're not tuners... We both need to know if anything needs to be done both for engine safety and performance. 

Likely FoMoCoSHO is right and the ECU can deal with it

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

StrawHatShinobi

So FoMo, your car is adding timing on its own in the 26° range or are you running a tune for that?  Im not getting any more out of it than i normally see when going WOT, but when cruising and pulling hills its adds a ton.
The one thing I have noticed in my truck when logging it takes longer for the fuel to catch up and hit the commanded AFR but it is capable of doing it at any blend I've ran.
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StrawHatShinobi on April 03, 2014, 09:01:20 PM
So FoMo, your car is adding timing on its own in the 26° range or are you running a tune for that?  Im not getting any more out of it than i normally see when going WOT, but when cruising and pulling hills its adds a ton.
The one thing I have noticed in my truck when logging it takes longer for the fuel to catch up and hit the commanded AFR but it is capable of doing it at any blend I've ran.
I've noticed that I'm seeing 26+ in 1st @ WOT, 20-22 in higher gears.

I'm still trying to figure out the logging on this new software, it polls data so fast I may miss peaks on the gauge screen.

No tune.

i have seen no lag in AFR except when I'm running a new blend percentage, the lag can be felt in throttle response until the ECM learns the new trims. If I return to a previously ran blend, that lag is pretty much non existent.

New times in the drag racing results section.