• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HPFP

Started by StrawHatShinobi, August 28, 2013, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrawHatShinobi

Hey guys,

For those of us with the 3.5TT motor, what is the HPFP's max psi?  I thought I read somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500psi.  Anyway I was doing some digging around and found one on the net that peaks at 2900.  I thought it was maybe a little promising if my memory was correct.  Not sure what an extra 400psi would give us for room in power but it's a start?
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

jomc111

Its not necessarily more psi that will help but the ability to hold psi at the injectors max flow. With that being said a pump that can make more psi in theory may be abke to hold psi longer. Post up the pump you found and did you make sure it is the same style pump the f150 and sho ones are different
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

StrawHatShinobi

Here's a link to it, I don't know that it will work for any of our platforms but its cam driven and delivers more so I was hoping.....

http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/powertrain/gas/injsys/p-gdi-h-p-fuel-pump/

They also have complete fuel set ups but I don't know if this is available to the average joe either.
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

EcoBrick Bob

Even with my KB Boost a pump, I saw FRP drop below 1,000 PSI a couple times.  Key is what happens to your Lambda readings (Air Fuel ratio as a % of normal)  Never want to be over .82 for more than a split second with our boosted engines.  Fuel volume at adequate PSI is more important than total PSI... 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

StrawHatShinobi

For the most part when logging my truck I see .80-.82 lambda. I haven't noticed a PID from SCT that logs FRP, am I missing it? I would like to see if it loses pressure up top. I've heard that the trucks pump maintains pressure clear to red line but I don't have any definitive proof that's correct.

EcoPowerParts

Bob sent me a log showing FRP from an earlier version of Livelink, I'll have to look again when I get my car back but I was never able to see it. He said to monitor rear fuel pressure PID.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

It is "rear fuel pressure" and there is a conversion formula for it and many of the PID's like TIP to boost etc.  The one I still haven't figured out is MCT which is certainly the most important "Temp" reading.  I will post a link to the formulas that I got from Torrie later this AM.  I will also post a link that Torrie sent me for you to download LiveLink 6.5, which is an earlier version of this software that has formulas calculated for the info we like to log.  Only issue with it is that it can be glitchy and sometimes doesn't re-start without hassles. That's a big deal when you are turning vehicle on and off at the strip while working your way to the lights.

I  was contacted by the person at SCT who trouble shoots their software, so  if any of you have pertinent questions that the SCT  software programmer can answer, let me know and I'll try to get you the info. My issue with the newest LL was that it would not log analog inputs, which I need for A/F in my G8, as I had to add an Innovate Wide Band to get that info. GM doesn't provide that output thru OBDII. This is a software glitch. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.