• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Splash Cover Repair

Started by polskifacet, January 29, 2019, 12:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I just had to look between the fans and front of the engine.  I thought the splash guard covered that area but you are correct I don't have the undercover shield and I can see the ground.  Ok ok I have reached full understanding now....hope that wasnt a timed event 😬
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

When you buy these cars used, it is frequent for splash shields, engine appearance covers, even hpfp covers and tb motor covers to go missing.  Most of the time not a big deal operationally, unless you are into the triple digit speeds often.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jman

Quote from: 802SHO on January 31, 2019, 06:52:59 AM
Yes I have the splash guard that attaches that covers that area (aux cooler, Alky pump and fog lights) but the bigger cover...never had. 

If it wasn't for this post I never would have known I was supposed to have one.  Still learning about my SHO😏

Me too...

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

Ours was brand new. I'm going to blame Ted Britt in Chantilly. The one time I had my oil changed there they didn't put the dipstick back in all the way and I didn't check until we drove almost 500 miles North and I was wondering why the car smelled like oil. Opened hood and oil was everywhere. I'm assuming they forgot to put bottom cover back on at this time as well. Is it worth it to order one, seeing as I've drive like 96k without it?
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

If you plan on keeping it for long-term such as myself then why not IMO!
As mentioned earlier it also acts as a protective barrier from the oil pan plus elements,while keeping your engine bay cleaner.

I recall a while back while driving home from the dealer visit noticed the hood vibrating @ highway speeds due to the fact they forgot to install the under cover shield back on and luckily they replaced it with a new one. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

Is there a part number for the fasteners if they are not there? I'll look tomorrow when it's supposed to be 50 or so out as opposed to today where it's only 40
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

ZSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on February 02, 2019, 02:20:34 PM
Is there a part number for the fasteners if they are not there? I'll look tomorrow when it's supposed to be 50 or so out as opposed to today where it's only 40
I hope this helps any. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6434.msg99948.html#msg99948

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9363.msg140714.html#msg140714

ZSHO

Here are the accessories needed for the (Under Cover Shield)
I will set this Topic sticky!  Z

Under Cover Screw - Ford (AG1Z-00817-A) $9.74

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-under-cover-screw-ag1z00817a

Under Cover Retainer Nut - Ford (-W716006-S439) $1.56

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-under-cover-retainer-nut-w716006s439/?c=bT0x&recommended=1

Bracket - Engine Support - Ford (AG1Z-6096-A)  $1.06

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-bracket-engine-support-ag1z6096a

Sbouvia

Just to be clear, unless you have some of those pieces on your car you need 4 of each for under cover screw, under cover retainer nut and bracket-engine support correct? The cover itself doesn't come loaded with anything right?
~Scott

Sbouvia

Also kind of weird that Tasca says the screw does not fit the 2013 SHO. The parts diagram for the 2013 doesn't show any screw.
~Scott

ZSHO

ZSHO

Great to see many benefiting from this thread.  Z   :)

Sbouvia

So just got the lower cover in from Tasca. It comes loaded with screws and bushings. Need to check on the car to see if the retainers are still on for the screws to go into. I also bought a under cover retainer (AA8Z-16K262-A) in case that's gone. Need to return the screws and the bushings. Maybe this weekend if it's not too bad out.
~Scott

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!