• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on August 01, 2019, 05:34:08 PM
Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 01, 2019, 10:33:52 AM
I've been through what you're dealing with twice with my CTS-V, you take your lumps and move on, it sucks but it is what it is.
The question I have out of all this is how the hell is the transmission going to handle 1000 HP :)
Might be time to just fix the engine back to where it was and build an 18 ecoboost truck, at least the transmission can be built or swapped to a turbo 400 for max effort. :) I mean you can keep trying to push the boundary but the transmission and PTU are the weak points above 600WHP, it's been proven over and over again.

I thought you said 500awhp for the trans based on the results from your flex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
600, 500 the trans and PTU is the limiting factor in the platform unless you strip off about 2K lbs :D
Mike I'd say fix your car, keep it a show car and run your mid 11's when desired and keep it trouble free. If it's paid off then that's your SHO (show) vehicle and have fun with it but it's basically done. Find something else to build to go fast IMHO otherwise you're getting ready to have a huge exercise in frustration, I mean everybody loves to cheer on someone using their own money to make a vehicle but smashing your head into the wall repeatedly with constantly breaking parts while past the bleeding edge is just horrible, ask me how I know. :)
You'd have a perfect vehicle, a race truck that can tow your show car all ecoboost. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Dxlnt1

I know its probably too late but what if......

1. Someone here is an authorized Ford rep? (FoMoCo)
2. Could they secure you crate engine from the GT?
3. The dual clutch? trans thats used in it better built for your desire?

Then maybe the only limit would be finding some kinda way to program the ECM, trans and AWD to work together!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SM105K

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 02, 2019, 02:48:09 PM

You have to directly work with a Ford Concierge. 

No they cannot.  I highly doubt parts will be available for non GT customers for a extended period of time.  I mean it took years before the Hellcat Motors were offered as a factory crate option.

If you could secure one, the GT 3.5 block is completely different and will not directly fit the 6f55.  Even then if you could get it to work, the GT 3.5 will tear that 6f55 and PTU to shreds.  He would have to abandon the whole transverse set up, and he has stated he isn't willing to do that.  He would need a whole GT drivetrain, some type of transfer case, and some type of front axle powertrain assembly.  For the amount of money and fabrication he is looking at least 40K on the low end, he might as well just buy a new GT500 that has a warranty and looks amazing.   

Then maybe the only limit would be finding some kinda way to program the ECM, trans and AWD to work together!

Answers in bold.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SM105K on August 02, 2019, 03:08:25 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 02, 2019, 02:48:09 PM

You have to directly work with a Ford Concierge. 

No they cannot.  I highly doubt parts will be available for non GT customers for a extended period of time.  I mean it took years before the Hellcat Motors were offered as a factory crate option.

If you could secure one, the GT 3.5 block is completely different and will not directly fit the 6f55.  Even then if you could get it to work, the GT 3.5 will tear that 6f55 and PTU to shreds.  He would have to abandon the whole transverse set up, and he has stated he isn't willing to do that.  He would need a whole GT drivetrain, some type of transfer case, and some type of front axle powertrain assembly.  For the amount of money and fabrication he is looking at least 40K on the low end, he might as well just buy a new GT500 that has a warranty and looks amazing.   

Answers in bold.

I concur with most you said. But I was thinking out loud.

However, the GT engine (detuned) is being used in F-150 (raptor). I also believe there is 4wd version of the F-150 so adapting it for AWD vs 4wd use may not be impossible.

Even if finding a wrecked raptor and exploring. I considered this as a means of not adding meth to my car and still bumping performance up. I didnt put too much effort into tho.

Anyway, just wild thoughts/ideas!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint