• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno Results

Started by SHOdded, February 13, 2014, 03:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

This thread is intended as a repository of dyno results for EB vehicles.  If you wish to post in here, please ONLY post dyno graphs/charts/videos, along with your vehicle type & mods at the time of the dyno.  As your signature may change over time, it is important to note this information in the post, even if it seems repetitive at the time.  Thank you!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost Flex on the Dyno
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM

Note:  Based on the SCT device

Available in 4 stages. All stages included with purchase.

Modifications Include:

Raised Boost
    Dyno Proven Air/Fuel Adjustments
    Altered Ignition Timing
    Removed Top Speed Limiter
    Torque Management Reduced or Removed
    Modified Shift Points/Firmness

Available for 91 or 93 Octane Fuel

Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost Flex on the AWD Dyno

Ed:  31 second mark – dyno graph

Not bad for our stage 2 tune only...

Peak gains were 43 WHP / 64 WTQ

It did however pick up much more in certain areas of the graph and feels 100% different!

Though we didn't put it on the dyno, we put our stage 4 tune in it at the track and it ran 13.3 @ 103 mph with only the tune and no other mods.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Last edited by Livernois Motorsports; 12-14-2011, 12:03 PM. Reason: typo on mph
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Scrming's Flex Dyno results Pt 1

Dyno Results!
01-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Made the trek down to see Rick and the rest of the guys at Livernois today to put the Flex on their AWD dyno. After changing the stock mufflers out (and seeing just how restrictive they appeared to be!) I was curious... and since the tracks are closed I thought I would try the dyno. So here are the results...

First up was just the STOCK TUNE with 93 in the the tank. Unfortunately I didn't have a good baseline! ARGH! However Rick was KIND enough to overlay my results with THEIR baseline from their Flex, also stock tune and 93 octane. (Did I mention the GREAT customer service Rick provides!) So this is my Flex vs LMS Flex, with the only difference being my new MRT axle-back exhaust. NOW, understand these are different vehicles, different days, same dyno. These number are not meant to be 100% accurate and I'm not going to make any claims regarding gains! I will let everyone make their own mind up! LOL!!!

Here are the HP & Torque graphs:

AGAIN, I am not making any claims on the gains from the MRT system... but I did also notice my 0-60 MPH time drop quite a bit (stock tune) so between the dyno and the 0-60 MPH test, I have to believe the MRT exhaust is MORE than just Noise Fluff!!!

After a few pulls, Rick loaded my Stage 4+ Tune into the Flex... UNFORTUNATELY I was out of time (had to pick the kiddos up!), so we could not give the Flex a PROPER cool down! ARGH! STILL, the LOW END TORQUE gain was simply staggering!!!

Stock Tune vs LMS Stage 4+ Tune:

Rick got a the Flex on video!

John's EcoBoost Flex on the Dyno & Track

Ed:  32 second mark – dyno graph

Thanks again to Rick and the staff at LMS!
Last edited by Scrming; 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM.

SHOdded

Scrming's Flex Dyno results Pt 2

Alky Controls - Part 2
03-16-2012, 07:50 PM
(OH CRAP... SHOULD BE PART 2!!! D'oah!!)

So spent the day at Livernois getting an updated tune for the methanol! Here are the dyno results!

Stock tune - 300 WHP / 307 WTQ
LMS Stage 4+ - 325 WHP / 360 WTQ
LMS Stage 4+ & Methanol - 359 WHP / 397 WTQ

So at the crank with the 4+ and methanol we are looking at about 450 HP and close to 500 ft/lbs!!! Now to hit the track!!

And the sheet:

BIG THANKS TO RICK AND DAN AT LMS!!!
Last edited by Showgun; 03-17-2012, 06:40 AM.

SHOdded

Off topic.. Livernois First to Market with 6.2L Raptor Cams
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM

Ed:  Topic abbreviated due to original posting's substantial pictorial content.  I will try to post these in a separate Livernois-related area.

Baseline dyno numbers were 336 RWHP / 359 RWTQ

In addition to the cams, we also added an Airaid CAI Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Mid-Pipe w/ Cats, and Catback.
The last few trucks with the exact mods (minus cams) made right around 370 RWHP / 395 RWTQ
The post mod numbers with cams, full SW exhaust, CAI and tune were 405 RWHP / 410 RWTQ.
Peak gains were 35 RWHP / 10 RWTQ, but up top the gains were much more.

Livernois Motorsports 405 RWHP Cammed 6.2L Ford Raptor - First Set of Aftermarket Cams Available

Ed:  1:42 mark - dyno graphs

SHOdded

Livernois Motorsports Tuned EcoBoost F150 on the Dyno/Street
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
We are waiting on tuners to arrive and still working daily on the dyno and street testing drivability and datalogging with our truck.

We will offer multiple stages and fuel options, plus towing tunes.

Attached is a graph from the baseline and one of the best pulls so far. Both the baseline and tuned file were done with 93 octane fuel.

It comes into boost quick now, so there is a spike at the beginning of the graph. Peak gains on this pull were 69 RWHP and 88 RWTQ. Notice though up top, gains are much more. I left the cursor on the graph so you can see the gains. Around 104 RWHP / 114 RWTQ.

Livernois Motorsports Tuned (93 Octane) EcoBoost F150 on the Dyno & Street

Ed:  0:36 mark - dyno graph

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

SHOdded

Livernois Motorsports EcoBoost Tuning
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM
All of our tunes have been developed in-house on our AWD chassis dyno or the track and proven on the street using our Taurus SHO and EcoBoost Flex shop vehicles.

To my knowledge, we've tuned more EcoBoost vehicles than anyone in the country (over 250) and have had zero failures. We also claim the world's quickest Gen IV SHO, a customer's vehicle which runs 12.13 @ 117 mph. Our SHO with only our custom tune and Corsa exhaust has been a best of 12.69 @ 107 mph and our Flex with only our custom tune has been a best of 13.3 @ 103 mph.

Our SHO on the AWD dyno
Livernois Motorsports 2010 Taurus SHO on the Dyno

Ed:  0:47 mark - dyno graph

Available in 4 stages. All stages included with purchase.

Modifications Include:

Raised Boost
    Dyno Proven Air/Fuel Adjustments
    Altered Ignition Timing
    Removed Top Speed Limiter
    Torque Management Reduced or Removed
    Modified Shift Points/Firmness

Available for 91 or 93 Octane Fuel

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

SHOdded

Dyno Results 3-27-2012 EcoBrick Bob
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Did 7 Pulls today @ Gulf Coast Motorsports. Their dyno is a Dynojet 424xLC Linx, which I believe is the same model that is at Livernois. Justin Daniels who did the runs said it is one of about 15 in the world like it. It was a beautiful morning. Temp ranged from 74.5 to 77.2 Deg. F. HG 29.50-29.52 Humidity 40% to 42% Runs were completed between 9:48 & 10:49 AM.
Here are the Max Power & Max Torque numbers
-----------------------------Max Power----------Max Torque
Pull #1 Torrie Tune #116 354.93++++++++402.22
Pull #2 Torrie Tune #114 366.33++++++++409.44
Pull #3 Torrie Tune #115 369.44++++++++406.59
Pull #4 Torrie Tune #113 354.54++++++++391.12
Pull #5 Shifted down - deleted
Pull #6 Torrie Stock Tune (3 bar sensor) Deleted as we accidentally left W/M on... Interestingly we lost quite a bit of power and torque. As I remember Max Power was around 273 and Max torque was around 300.
Pull #7 Torrie Stock Tune 294.46++++++++332.86 Note: this tune is the same as the above ones & uses a 3 bar sensor, but has stock A/F & Boost values in the tune. A/F was a straight line & max boost was 13.10.

Assuming that my AWD system wastes 20% of the engine power & Torque, My Max Power would be around 460 & Max Torque 510.

Not too shabby for e-mail tuning!!!!

THANKS!!!!!! TORRIE @ UNLEASHED TUNING
Last edited by EcoBrick Bob; 03-31-2012, 03:59 PM.

Here are a few graphs of my Dyno Pulls.

First.... Stock A/F & Boost (3 Bar sensor version)

This is the same stock tune but with W/M spraying. Note how much the spray hurts the numbers when it isn't tuned for W/M.

Torrie's printout of the two best runs, overlapping.

The best run overall... with the highest performance. Note how everything peaks in the 5,000 RPM range.

I will post the actual paper printout I received from Gulf Coast Motorworks, with a boost graph sometime tomorrow. Usable boost peaked at 17.72 on this run.

Here is the paper printout of the 115 Torrie Tune.

Note the Power Scale is 0-400 and the Torque Scale is 0-500. The peak boost of over 22 occurred when the blow off valve opened when the Dyno Pull ended.

SHOdded

LMS - Stage 2 & 4+ vs Stock - Dyno Results
06-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Here is a SHO stock vs. 4+. This car baselined high in my opinion. But it was the same car the same day.

The stage 2&3 graphs will look the same.

Here is a graph showing stage 2 compared to stock. Ignore the spike in the beginning of the graph. Blue is stock, red is tuned.

-Rick

SHOdded

Livernois Motorsports 2013 SHO, MKS, Flex Tuner Now Shipping!
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Our 2013 SHO was baselined at Milan Dragway in 70 degree heat and ran 14.3 @ 96 mph. A few weeks later, with only our custom tune and no other modifications, the car ran 13.4 @ 103 mph in 102 degree heat.

See the dyno video below
Livernois Motorsports - First to Tune 2013 Taurus SHO

Ed:  0:36 mark – dyno graph

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

SHOdded

Crash712us's SHO on the dyno

09-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Ok here is my dyno graph comparing the +4 meth sct tune to the new stage 5 Mycal meth tune.

Ambient Temps in mid to high 80s.

SHOdded

FirstSHO Dyno Results
09-06-2012, 07:38 PM

SHOdded

bpd1151 Dyno Results MyCal Stage 5 tune
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM

Here's my dyno sheet, as presented by Rick @ LMS, immediately following delivery of my SHO after Dan Millen got done working his magic on it, by applying the newest "Stage 5" tune file, in conjunction with the new AIW MyCalibrator Device.

The Blue is a dyno of a stock SHO with factory tune, Red is mine as of 10/26/12.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=467.msg2350#msg2350

2010 SHO, Meth Kit, Offroad downpipe, NESHO Exhaust, Hood Vents, Airaid CAI

SHOdded

Unleashed - 2013 Focus ST - Dyno Results
09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Stock run data below 87 Octane. Note how Engine coolant temperature plays a massive role in end power output once you get to real world temperatures. Also note that Cat over temp is also to blame for the upper RPM power reduction.

Runfile 012 @ 145 degrees ECT
Runfile 013 @ 185 degrees ECT
Runfile 014 @ 196 degrees ECT

As temperatures increase COT kicks in and timing decreases.

Scrming
10-02-2012, 06:04 PM
No rumor about it!!!

tmcphail
10-16-2012, 08:55 PM
We had the first Custom Tuned Focus ST on the planet to begin, then first to market with SCT custom tuning for our customers.

So I figured I would kick things up a notch with this graph :

Dyno :

SCT vs Stock Calibration Notes:

Same SCT calibration was tested on both 87 and 93....power is down about 15fwhp on 87 vs 93.

NOTE: SCT recommends 93 or 91 octane.

The big deal is the power gain when the car is "hot" and at normal drive temp (99% of your time)

Stock Boost Levels- Stock the ST will make spikes of boost around
21.5 psi and then holds between 20psi - 17psi, depending on the commanded torque.

SCT Calibration Boost Levels - SCT 93 Octane Calibration the ST will make spikes of boost around 23.5 psi and then holds between 22.5psi
- 17psi, depending on the commanded torque.

Air Inlet Temps are very good.....after 10 minutes of idle time and
7 runs in a row they climbed from 80F (run 1) to 110F (run 7).

Stock Speed Limit is 186mph

Stock Rev Limit is 6700rpm
SCT Calibration Rev Limit is 7300rpm

Torque Truncation has been eliminated

SHOdded

steve142857 Dyno camparison stock vs stg 2-3-4-5
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I went to Dynodoc yesterday in Montreal for a little dyno session to compare after a year and a half since last dyno session with that same guy. I also had my car dynoed in Detroit, but they use a different dyno, which, according to Dynodoc guy, is reading a bit more power than his dynopack. Instead of putting the car on rolls like at Livernois, the dynajet requires that you remove the wheels and you plug a machine to each wheel.

When I went to Detroit, I was dynoed, when it was almost 100F outside at 380hp/400lbs with stage 4+. Now everyone that upgraded with mycal and stage 5 agrees to say that there is a noticeable difference between 4+ and 5, so I would have expected my dyno numbers to be a bit higher... But I am happy with them anyways.

Thanks and here are the graphs (first is May 2011 with stock, stage 2-3 and stage 4(2 runs of stage 4)); (second graph is the one of yesterday with stage 5). Note that in May 2011, my car was bone stock except for tuning and H&R... Since then, it has Airaid intake, custom exhaust and methanol injection: