• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock turbo efficiency..?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, March 19, 2020, 09:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

Thank you SHOadded, all things you mentioned was checked twice and in great working order.
Noisemakers delete - DONE
C-Clip checked.
all hoses vacuum pressure checked, solenoid was even replaced.
BOV diaphragm checked, checked again and looks great.

2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

TopherSho

Add in the IAT2 temps to that last data set .. curious ...
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SuperPete

here is my for previously posted pull

TopherSho

Quote from: SuperPete on April 13, 2020, 06:49:40 PM
here is my for previously posted pull

What is your elevation,  the air density should be fine with it under 70f ...  Only thing I can think is elevation playing a factor..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

SuperPete

StinkinLinkin, you want to share your info? I would like to see your input also.

I am in PA, 400ft above sea level,
That's what I am saying, all the environment numbers are perfect...

TopherSho

DRAT,  you mentioned DA earlier.  huh .. yeah i am stumped a bit too.  18 pounds is totally doable unless you are on different turbos..  I seem to recall at least one previous member running 20 which i thought was insane ..

Jordan

So everything is perfect and the only thing you "think" is good is the turbos because they only have 31k miles on them. Sounds like you already found the solution just not willing to swap them. Turbos internally could have some drag not allowing them to spin as freely so while visually they look and feel perfect doesn't mean they are.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ridered74

In 3rd gear mine goes up to 18 and tapers down to about 14.5, in 4th gear it holds 18 thru most of the rpms but towards the end tapers down to 16.

Attached picture is what 4th gear looks like.

Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

TopherSho

I wonder if the people running full custom hot-pipes hold pressure longer/better?

Jordan

Quote from: TopherSho on April 14, 2020, 01:01:56 PM
I wonder if the people running full custom hot-pipes hold pressure longer/better?
I only upgraded my hot pipes when I went upgraded turbos other than the noisemaker delete

SuperPete

Quote from: Jordan on April 14, 2020, 12:07:28 PM
So everything is perfect and the only thing you "think" is good is the turbos because they only have 31k miles on them. Sounds like you already found the solution just not willing to swap them. Turbos internally could have some drag not allowing them to spin as freely so while visually they look and feel perfect doesn't mean they are.

maybe you are correct, I wanted to get everything else checked out before making this kind of investment and to measure it's necessary, right?
Now, I keep seeing often this same issue come up, that's why I brought this up.

Jordan

Quote from: SuperPete on April 14, 2020, 01:26:09 PM

maybe you are correct, I wanted to get everything else checked out before making this kind of investment and to measure it's necessary, right?
Now, I keep seeing often this same issue come up, that's why I brought this up.

Need the right buddy to get it done on warranty ;)

SM105K

I am almost 100% my turbos are tired. Car made 391/470 E30 tune and K&N drop in only.  I actually lost some boost across the board when I installed the GH IC however my car made the same power.  Less boost more efficiency. 

I checked my BOVs, added DP's and a better exhaust.  Even then boost recovery was minimal.  However with the full exhaust HP didnt move but TQ did rise from 470 to 494. Added the noisemaker delete pipe and still have not recovered boost.  Will log to confirm.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SuperPete

Well, larger IC takes longer to build up pressure and harder for tiny turbos to keep pressure up,
Who knows, I been braking my head soo much these 2 weeks, I had nightmares about it.
Anyway, at some point I will upgrade turbos, just not now.

SM105K

Quote from: SuperPete on April 14, 2020, 02:41:00 PM
Well, larger IC takes longer to build up pressure and harder for tiny turbos to keep pressure up,
Who knows, I been braking my head soo much these 2 weeks, I had nightmares about it.
Anyway, at some point I will upgrade turbos, just not now.

I have too.  However, I am happy with my SHO as it sits.  It makes good power and I have 100% faith that I can drive cross country in it and arrive safely.  I just cannot justify at this time spending another $4500 to make my SHO a 500/600 car and put it in the extreme zone for trans failure.  The $4500 could be spent for a big fuel system and cams for new my project.  High 3 digit and low 4 digit power is very reasonable for that set up.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |