• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Does anyone here have a Taurus 2.0 EB?

Started by MKS Tom, May 25, 2020, 08:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

I am really curious about these cars.  They are not too common and they are even more uncommon getting a Limited model with all of the features, but they exist.  They are slow (240/270) and as far as I can tell SCT and HP Tuners don't offer support.  They only come in FWD.  The reason why they interest me is getting a fully equipped full-size vehicle that gets 22/32 and has no Ford AWD system to deal with.  A reliable engine and while the trans (6F35) have been known to have issues all of these drivetrain components are easily found in any yard under multiple other vehicles.  This appeals to me as I have been looking for a 2nd vehicle for the house for months as a large reason why I don't push my MKS is it is my daily.  I have a Subaru SVX project car, but that isn't on the road right now.  I need something else so I can feel at ease modifying mine more.  These really appeal to me.  Does anyone here have one?  What are your thoughts?  Is there any tuning available for them?  Not that I would go crazy with them if given the option but it would be good to know.  Thanks. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

SM105K

I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be a good idea. Those 2.0 EB are stout. I have one in my ST. Also to answer your question, I bet Brad can tune that as well.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

MKS Tom

Quote from: SM105K on May 25, 2020, 08:54:55 AM
I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be a good idea. Those 2.0 EB are stout. I have one in my ST. Also to answer your question, I bet Brad can tune that as well.

According to SCT they did not have a strategy code for it and don't offer tuning. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

nickstewartroc

I test drove one years back before I bought my SHO. It had good pickup to it and sounded pretty good as well. Haven't seen many around though like you said
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SM105K

Quote from: MKS Tom on May 25, 2020, 09:25:51 AM
Quote from: SM105K on May 25, 2020, 08:54:55 AM

According to SCT they did not have a strategy code for it and don't offer tuning.

I would reach out to Brad just to see.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

GhostlyGrenade

Hptuners most likely supports this. Email and ask them. If not they can and will add it. I know they support the 2.0 engine in other fords
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

SM105K

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on May 25, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
Hptuners most likely supports this. Email and ask them. If not they can and will add it. I know they support the 2.0 engine in other fords

SCT supports the 2.0 engine in other Fords as well.  Brad has a tuned Fusion, and he tuned my Focus ST.

MKS Tom

Quote from: SM105K on May 26, 2020, 11:19:29 AM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on May 25, 2020, 04:40:16 PM

SCT supports the 2.0 engine in other Fords as well.  Brad has a tuned Fusion, and he tuned my Focus ST.

Lee from Ortiz had contacted SCT directly about it as they had another customer that had this idea before me and were told there was no support despite the fact that engine is in multiple other vehicles they have support for. 

GhostlyGrenade

They must be giving SCT devices away. There's no way people are still buying them.
The 2.0 is listed under every ford except the Taurus which means its probably just a typo.
Email them or call them and ask. It really could be that simple.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

MKS Tom

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on May 26, 2020, 07:35:35 PM
They must be giving SCT devices away. There's no way people are still buying them.
The 2.0 is listed under every ford except the Taurus which means its probably just a typo.
Email them or call them and ask. It really could be that simple.

I will go to the effort of calling myself if I get one, but it isn't a primary factor in buying it.  I just want something the same size with much better MPG and less likely to break so I can do stupid things with my Lincolns.  lol