• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Engine Oil ?

Started by joe raptor, August 10, 2020, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe raptor

Hey brothers what do you guys think about using "Liqui Moly" engine oil ??

TopherSho

Be it my personal opinion,  but unless you are autocrossing it and revving hard, dropping RPM then revving hard for hours on end stock normal blended or full synthetic oil (the group 3+4 variety) is best. 

Brands Vary but... Liquidmolly, Royal purple and such are GREAT oils but our blocks run such low rpms we don't have to worry as much about in terms of shearing etc ... but that's my arm-chair opinion so table salt and all that :D
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

I did not see what year block/car you are requesting data on, someone may need need to correct me ..  but as I recall 1st gen 2010-2012 3.5 blocks have smaller oil galleys in the heads/phasers so it is very important to not go thicker.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Macgyver

I would just use the best oil if you are concerned with wear. Amsoil > Redline > Motul

If you are concerned with having good oil and changing it say at 1000-1500 miles. Amsoil is sorta $$$ at that range. Go with Penzoil Ultra Plat or Shell or Castrol Edge Titanium. Something with a better package than say Mobil 1. You can change oil at around $30 with a Motorcraft filter with those.

Some have had good success with Motorkote.

I would stay away from additives with todays oil quality out there. Just change it sooner than later.