• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Life As SM105K

Started by SM105K, June 03, 2019, 09:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 06, 2019, 01:02:38 PM
Another great story buddy!  Glad you didn't get in any trouble.  I have been really lucky as well, hopefully its not running out.  Stopped doing 90 in a 35...launched the SHO for some friends, pulled over, rolled all my windows down...apologized and said I purposely did that to show my friends what my car could do...no ticket.  Another time I had a truck following me closely as I was already going 10mph over...then sped up to 15 over...truck wouldn't back off, came up on a car and the car ended up turning off the road...gunned it, saw 100mph...then blue lights coming from the truck...pulled over, rolled all my windows down...I said wow that was dumb of me...i simply admitted I was going 55 in a 40 and I thought you would back off so when I got a chance I said see ya later...didnt know you were a cop...no ticket.  Got pulled over in my truck last week going 69 in a 50...I thought I was going 65...so I openly admit I was going a little fast, just wanted to get home after working 10 hours on a Saturday...but said I didn't think I was going THAT fast...my oversized wheels and tires make my odometer read low...no ticket.  Hopefully my days of lucky chances aren't over!  That and I have nothing from the last 9 years on my driving record. 

What is a Joshua Tree?

Yeah I have been lucky, my last ticket was a 70 in a 60, which I deserved so yeah...

A Joshua Tree can ruin your life.....They just grow only in that particular desert.

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Tomorrow I will write about how I landed from my second deployment, bought my bike, and was in jail with 48 hours....like an idiot.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

This happened a couple of weeks back, and I thought I posted it here.  Guess I didnt.  Here goes:

The Focus ST got some action by a Fiesta ST, and sadly my ST got walked by the Fiesta ST twice yesterday. At a street light a red FiST came next to me and gave me the BOV business end. It had black limo tint windows, upgraded BOV and exhaust from what I could hear. Like and idiot I left traction on. Light turned green, I spun really bad in first gear and when I short shifted second (FiST was already two cars out on me) traction control killed the power and I got freight trained. I laughed so hard, and said to myself, "yep that just happened."

Got to the next light, and the window to the FiST was down. Very petite blonde girl with these stunning blues is staring at me. I am in utter shock, and instantly smitten. First thing out of her mouth was, "You left the traction control on huh?". With much embarrassment and ego checked I said, "Yep, like an idiot". She starts laughing, and said well turn it off and give it another go. I said okay. Couple lights down with traction control off, she proceed to leave me AGAIN. This time, I short shifted second and it spun, and I didn't hook it until third. She was out on me by four to five cars now. I ran the top of third and only got one or two cars back, but she had me dead to rights.

Next light we exchanged car info. He has as a catback, short shifter, tune, booma BOV, drag radials, and now my heart. I asked if she goes to the PAV's on Saturday, and she said yes. I told her, I will see you Saturday, and I will bring my ST's big brother the SHO...lol.

SM105K

It is has been a whirlwind last couple of weeks for me. Between a mini vacation, competition, then getting egregiously slammed at work including call offs, associate vacations, and inspections, it has been wild.

So I finally have some time to sit down and write some things in response to ST story and the blonde.

I went to the car show that Saturday. I rolled in and did what I normally do, troll down the isle of the mustangs. I back in, crack my windows, and put in my sun shade. I get out and start my walk to the mongolian grill that I eat at while I am there, and there she is about 4 cars down. She was standing in front of a S550 silver 5.0 Mustang. I smile at her and said, "Where's the party?" She laughed, and said at home. She had hitched a ride with her boyfriend.

She then asked if I brought the ST, I said, "No. I brought it's big brother the SHO." She smiled and said, "The SHO that just pulled in, with the EGOCHKR plate?" I said yes. She then asked, if she had recently changed the plate. I had the earlier last month. She then proceeded to ask me if my old plate was 5OH LOL. It was.

She then goes into a story, about how a black four door sedan completely destroyed her boyfriend's Mustang at a street light a couple of months back. I actually remember the Mustang, a younger kid that was throwing me revs for a short distance before a red light. Well long story short, he got a boosted launch, and I took him to Gapplebees. I never rolled down my window after, just to prove a point. Little did I know, she was in the car, and was laughing hard because they had no idea what my car was, but they were intrigued by plate, and then found out why.

She said after the race she googled SHO (Mine still has the Chrome SHO badges on the side) and low and behold...twin turbo, all wheel drive, TAURUS? LOL. I told her mine was different and she laughed, and I get the whole, "It's just a Taurus/Fiesta thing." Her boyfriend showed up, he was looking at another mustang down the isle. She gave him the run down, and he ended up being pretty cool. He said, if it would be cool to run me again when he got some drag radials. Of course I said yes. So kudo's to him, because I know first hand how cool it can be to be with someone that shares a passion for cars.

SHOdded

Yes it is.  Life events and time keep us from all joys automotive, but she loves drivin and fixin cars :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on June 24, 2019, 10:55:55 AM
Yes it is.  Life events and time keep us from all joys automotive, but she loves drivin and fixin cars :)

Yep, it was some of the most fun times of my life.

802SHO

She's a keeper for sure!  I like the fact that you and the Mustang kid can still have a casual and friendly conversation.  Its fun to be competitive but some ppl take it too far.  Its nice when two ppl in totally different vehicles competing against each other can also sit back and have a conversation. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 24, 2019, 12:16:33 PM
She's a keeper for sure!  I like the fact that you and the Mustang kid can still have a casual and friendly conversation.  Its fun to be competitive but some ppl take it too far.  Its nice when two ppl in totally different vehicles competing against each other can also sit back and have a conversation.

Yeah, some people are ultra douchey.  They are young and seem decent and respectful.  I envy them.  However, I have a couple things in the pipe for my SHO, and he better get those radials sooner then later.  If he doesn't I am going to take both of them shopping at the GAP. 

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 24, 2019, 12:22:45 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 24, 2019, 12:16:33 PM

Yeah, some people are ultra douchey.  They are young and seem decent and respectful.  I envy them.  However, I have a couple things in the pipe for my SHO, and he better get those radials sooner then later.  If he doesn't I am going to take both of them shopping at the GAP.

She'll like that I bet......theres something there I think.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

92BlackGT

nice stories

they still have the Saturday show at the Scottsdale Pavilions (is it still called that)? I remember going there with my Fox back in '03/'04. I used to work at that Best Buy too. oh the memories
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SM105K

Quote from: 92BlackGT on June 26, 2019, 12:00:02 PM
nice stories

they still have the Saturday show at the Scottsdale Pavilions (is it still called that)? I remember going there with my Fox back in '03/'04. I used to work at that Best Buy too. oh the memories

They still do.  Longest going continual car show in the US.  That is where I troll the Stang boys.  Was YC's around in 2003/2004? 

92BlackGT

Quote from: SM105K on June 26, 2019, 12:29:53 PM
Quote from: 92BlackGT on June 26, 2019, 12:00:02 PM
nice stories

They still do.  Longest going continual car show in the US.  That is where I troll the Stang boys.  Was YC's around in 2003/2004?

i would go to YC's on my lunch break sometimes in '05/'06. is the show still centered around the mcdonalds?
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SM105K

Yep, it is still centered around McDonald's. The area has really changed.  I worked at Fiddlesticks in 2000 and left until 2010 and everything was different upon my return.   The car show still fills the parking lot, and it is still a zoo.  I will walk around the next time I go and drop some pictures in here for everyone to see.