• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MRT blues

Started by FoMoCoSHO, May 23, 2020, 07:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on May 24, 2020, 09:25:36 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 23, 2020, 11:16:36 PM

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=9807.0

Well, a couple thoughts...I specifically questioned drone and seller indicated exterior noise which is also very true. That doesn't bother me but the drone from 1900-2400 is garbage. Pretty sure these were designed for GenV SHO which IMHO have much better insulation/fit/finish so maybe that is the issue. Plus MKS, not SHO. It could just be me being "extra sensitive" to certain things now. I'm not bashing the MRT, I just need to figure out a solution so I can drive the car again. 

I will inquire about "U" extensions.

I remember you and I talking about that MRT a while back and the noise difference of the SHO and MKS. I am curious what the insulation or noise deadening difference is between the models or even the difference in generations. You would think the difference in models would be the same or even the MKS being a little more quiet.
My perception is the Gen V cars are superior to GEN IV in pretty much every way. My 15 felt tighter than the 13 , and my Mom's 16 better than my 15 (Better color too).

I could definitely see a 19 SHO in my future the way this is going, lol.

FearlessAZ

I agree. The difference from my 2010 SHO to my 2015 MKS feels almost like a whole different car. Just same guts underneath it all.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

StinkinLinkin13

We'll my four muffler setup is a winner for me. Its not pretty right now as its bolted on for trial purposes... But Its all straight through. No cats. Minimal drone. No rasp. Clean sounding befitting a Lincoln IMO. I used basically magnaflow knock offs... Two dual in dual out mufflers replace the third cat and resonator. And two offset outlet mufflers at the factory location.
They are Total Flow brand off amazon with Livernois catless DPs.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHO_Off

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 23, 2020, 07:40:38 PM
So I put the MRTs on the MKS....I love how they look but the drone is unacceptable.

I hate is so much if I don't find a solution I'm gonna spend $1200 on an OEM SHO assembly.

First step is taking it to my exhaust guy and see if he has any ideas but I wanted to see if you guys had any recommendations.

I've seen some resonators I might be able to fit, I'm just unsure if they will fix the issue or create a different one.
I'll trade you for the pipes on my 2010 sho, they just have an axle back on them so they're a little louder than OEM, probably what your lookin for