• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

remove then add fluid without having to bleed?

Started by TopherSho, July 28, 2020, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Per the title,  i have not added in any water wetter after the rebuild,  but need to and do not want to bleed the damn thing for the next 4 weeks... is there any way to remove about 2 qts fluid and add in 2 qts of water wetter for the head temps ?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Black Dream

Wouldn't it be simple to drain 2 qts, out and then use a Lisle funnel to replace the drained fluid?  I did a coolant flush on the MKS 2 months ago with a Lisle and didn't have to bleed the system a bit.  I did have to add about 8 oz. of fluid after I ran the car a couple of times.  In the scorching South Texas summer haven't had an issue with overheating since.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

nickstewartroc

You can also look into vacuum refiller systems. I bought this one last week https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BW39HJS and it worked great
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune