• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HI KR

Started by Mee2ho, May 04, 2020, 02:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mee2ho

I have been getting High KR since awhile ago
Specially in high speed at Vacuum

I changed the tuner so it's less I haven't touched the car now for 2 months
The fuel 95 where i live is like 91US OCT
Which is my tune to 91US
I added octane booster but still the same
I changed many things check KR chaffing looks fine even covered it
But today KR is 2 but i can hear the KR sound from the engine so high today boos was only 8 didn't go higher what could be the reason?!
Even with meth at WOR sometimes 1-2 KR
Stock turbo HPFP LPFP
otherwise all mods with GH cooler

FLEX 2015

-
  • K&N Filter
    -
  • HOT PIPES mounted 1 Factory BOV
    -
  • 170• Thermostats
    -
  • 3 Bar MAP Sensor
    -
  • Catch Can UPR
    -
  • SCT X4 - Unleashed
    -
  • MOTORCRAFT SPARK PLUGS .028 Gap
    -
  • Catless Downpipe
    -
  • MSD Coils
    -
  • Cats delete X-pipe
    -
  • GH INTERCOOLER
    -
  • W/M kit 50%

Is it piston wall ?! Last tune i had was stable at vacuum even timing is so low MAX
    Going WOT from zero no KR till 200kph
    But starting from higher speed like 110KPH
    I can see alot of KR 3rd gear pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

200 kph is going pretty fast lol.  Are you cruising at 110 kph when you get the KR?  What is your OAR?  Mileage on your Flex?  Which motorcraft plugs?  534, 542, 578 or something  else?

Generally  see more success with 100% rather than 50/50 methanol,  but a good tuner can work  around that. Are you sure it is kicking in when pulling from 110?  Is it on a progressive controller?
Any lesks?  KR if you pull it from duty completely?  What is your AAT, IAT, and IAT2.

I think I have seen more Flex's report cracked/windowed block than any other transverse application.  A compression test might be in the cards for you.  If you have a usb borescope you can check the intake valves, cylinder walls, and piston tops.  Not sure about rings, which usually is what give way, unless you have LSPI.

If you have datalogs, we
have members and tuners here that can use them as a disgnostic tool.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Constant knock regardless of octane is going to be contaminate ignition.  Either bad carbon build up in the cylinders, loose oil from bad rings or super fouled plugs.  Pull the front bank and check the plugs, a good quality borescope would also be good to look in the chamber.

We have had a couple instances where octane boosters have left bad residue on the plugs and caused knock issues. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Mee2ho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 04, 2020, 03:50:05 PM
200 kph is going pretty fast lol.  Are you cruising at 110 kph when you get the KR?  What is your OAR?  Mileage on your Flex?  Which motorcraft plugs?  534, 542, 578 or something  else?

Generally  see more success with 100% rather than 50/50 methanol,  but a good tuner can work  around that. Are you sure it is kicking in when pulling from 110?  Is it on a progressive controller?
Any lesks?  KR if you pull it from duty completely?  What is your AAT, IAT, and IAT2.

I think I have seen more Flex's report cracked/windowed block than any other transverse application.  A compression test might be in the cards for you.  If you have a usb borescope you can check the intake valves, cylinder walls, and piston tops.  Not sure about rings, which usually is what give way, unless you have LSPI.

If you have datalogs, we
have members and tuners here that can use them as a disgnostic tool.
IAT are okay specially with cooler upgrade + meth it's less than ambient 24c
OAR .-96
Plugs are the stock one for ECOBOOST engine forgot the number gapped to .026
Meth in not tuned just for extra cooling I don't datalog with meth
Even tuner tend to put more fuel incase of KR
It'smore in vacuum I don't know why even cruising 90kph when it's slightly windy or a little up hill i get KR whenever the load change i guess
I have had best tuners & alot of datalog they did more than enough & they helped me
Local SHO group they said it's normal due to false KR but now hearing it at 2KR that's alot
Never heard it like that before even when it got 7KR
I'm using AEM but it doesn't really matter cuz not tuned

Then my next move compression test & camera to check inside?!

Mee2ho

Quote from: TopherSho on May 04, 2020, 07:35:54 PM
Constant knock regardless of octane is going to be contaminate ignition.  Either bad carbon build up in the cylinders, loose oil from bad rings or super fouled plugs.  Pull the front bank and check the plugs, a good quality borescope would also be good to look in the chamber.

We have had a couple instances where octane boosters have left bad residue on the plugs and caused knock issues.
The motor now 112,000 KM only been tuned for 30.000km only

I took the motor 2 months ago to check for everything i took intake manifold out it's fine valves are looking so clean cuz i use meth it's well maintained all oils new even put 10W40 they told me cuz of oil i use AMS oil

Plugs are new & whenever i change the plugs they are all the same

I have oil leak but the mechanic told me it's just O ring cuzing that going out from passenger side of the engine only little

But i will check inside the cylinder

SHOdded

So it sounds like everything is working as expected, but still getting +KR.

Intercooler is clean?

You have tried reflashing the tune?  Does it behave differently during the relearn period?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

We need a datalog.. on a even plane accelerate from 60kph with knock inducing throttle level .. let's take a look.  I still think contaminate ..

but it could be super lean in one cylinder... Hmm low flow on a injector?

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

Quote from: TopherSho on May 05, 2020, 10:34:16 PM
We need a datalog.. on a even plane accelerate from 60kph with knock inducing throttle level .. let's take a look.  I still think contaminate ..

but it could be super lean in one cylinder... Hmm low flow on a injector?

@Shodded  the second GEN trucks/cars/flexs's have Per cylinder knock sensors don't they ? 

SHOdded

Afaik, the sensors are per bank.  Per cylinder counts, if they exist, would be based on correlation / extrapolation.

Mee2ho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 05, 2020, 06:48:53 PM
So it sounds like everything is working as expected, but still getting +KR.

Intercooler is clean?

You have tried reflashing the tune?  Does it behave differently during the relearn period?
Yes it's new & well maintained
New plugs new everything plus workshop checked the intake manifold & down there but they couldn't remove the injectors cuz they would break & have to buy new set
I sent many datalogs even with KR most probably they look fake

Mostly at cruising the higher I cruise like 110 kph when traveling for 4-7 hrs all that time it's knocking 2-4 in between
Performance wise yes it's fine but max each tuner spark max 11 timing

I sent datalog to many actually

SHOdded

Post the datalogs directly on this thread for all to see.  Both the standing start/WOT datalog and the at cruise datalog.

FoMoCoSHO

Any KR from a stop under part throttle conditions?