• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel pump module

Started by Desmond1491, October 22, 2019, 12:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desmond1491

I have A 2010 Lincoln MKS ...So my car won't start and I have a error code for the fuel pump module so I changed the fuel pump module still the same issue... I was told to re flash my two keys a well... anything else that I might be missing ?

SHOdded

What did you change, the intank fuel pump or the driver module under/behind the rear seat?  If you did change the FPDM and still not able to start, clear codes and check again to see what comes back.

Does the engine crank at all or just keeps cranking?  what error code did you get?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Desmond1491

I changed the one In the back seat the mechanic said it was a lost of Communication or signal.... the engine just keep cranking then show a oil light code but not start ... the only scan tool I have is a OBD reader I don't owe the one like the mobile mechanic. When I use my scan tool I see no error codes

Desmond1491

This is the only code that comes up

ZSHO

That code has could be related to the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) IIRC! Z

https://www.obd-codes.com/u0253

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Desmond1491

I just got a brand new battery two days ago and it won't stay over 12 volts and I just charge the battery yesterday and it charged with no problem

SHOdded

Could be a faulty alternator if it does not stay over 12V, OR a parasitic draw on the battery.  Bad/loose terminals, corroded wiring (i.e., high resistance) can cause similar issues.  Codes are SUPPOSED to be set if the alternator is bad, but I don't think I have EVER heard anyone mention it on the SHO before they had to change it out.

So def do a CCA test on the battery and a test on the alternator to see how it is charging.  Still does not explain why the engine does not start.  Could be a bad pushbutton start issue.  It happens on other model lines for sure.  Bad fobs would not allow the car to crank at all I think, thats what it did on my Edge.  The PATS security light also blinked rapidly telling me no valid communication between the fob and PATS.

Cranking speed is > 150 rpm?

Just be sure to have the gas pedal pushed all the way down while cranking coz we don't want fuel dumped into the cats.  Try starting fluid, oldie but goldie method.

A failed/failing crank or cam sensor would hopefully set a code ...

By any chance, do you have
a) aftermarket remote start or antitheft devices
b) the throttle body sensor disconnected
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Desmond1491

I know I just brought a new car battery and it already dropped under 12 volts so im trickle charger it now ... one think I noticed is cam Shaft sensor the piece that you have to push to disconnect the sensor is broke but the connector is still attached.... a couple months ago I did have a code for my crankshaft....  in the picture I don't know what sensor that is but the piece that you push to disconnect it is broke also

SHOdded

I believe that is the purge valve you are looking at?  below the wiring loom you are holding.  Should not be causing a voltage drop, though it definitely could cause starting issues, and should set P045x codes if so.

Desmond1491

OK because I'm not getting any codes but one thing is my battery keeps dropping and my gauge lights are Dimming  when I try to start the car

SHOdded

you should monitor battery voltage during the cranking effort, see how far it drops.  If it drops significantly below 11V, the car is having a hard time turning over.  Lights will dim but should not dim much at all.  I still suspect the alternator or charging circuit.

Desmond1491

I know the alternator runs the same volts measurements maybe I should check the Circuit then

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 23, 2019, 12:57:13 PM
I believe that is the purge valve you are looking at?  below the wiring loom you are holding.  Should not be causing a voltage drop, though it definitely could cause starting issues, and should set P045x codes if so.

The PICS look very familiar! Lol. Z  :P
X2 -on Alternator and heres my own thread on the Purge valve solenoid below.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7133.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Desmond1491

Could I have a bad crank shaft sensor or camshaft sensor without a error code showing up ???

SHOdded

Well, all codes have thresholds to meet before they set, so technically, yes.  Crank sensor there is only the one, so more likely suspect, but if the car is cranking and RPMs are registering, I don't think is the issue.  Cam sensors, unlikely they both failed at the same time.  You can try swapping them, see if it makes a difference, but I see no reason to do it.