• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R springs don't sit tight on the strut

Started by ShelbySuperSnake, September 30, 2019, 06:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShelbySuperSnake

As the title states, I recently installed H&R springs on my 2013 SHO and even when the nut is fully tightened on the strut the spring is still lose and moves around. I tried driving around hoping it would seat properly but no dice. Anyone run into this issue and have a solution?
2013 SHO PP
3 Bar Tune

SHOdded

A common issue I think, causes clinking sounds due to this.  I am sure fellow members will speak up.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

100% normal in my experiences (3Xs). The weight of the car seats the springs and they will not move around... Unless you plan on catching some major air. 😂 Don't fret. That is the way the are designed. Caused no issues for me. Noise or otherwise.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

jman

Does this mean that the spring can move every time you jack up any of the front wheels?

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

StinkinLinkin13

Technically yes...But it naturally sits in its pocket. You would have to manually move it or spin it. It does still have some drag or resistance. They aren't just flopping around in there. Never had an issue.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

jman

Ok, good to know.
One of my front ones is making a squeaky noise and I might be able to re-position it without having to remove the strut.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

ZSHO

Once they are on a level surface and sit on the Bumper stops it should be just fine. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|