• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boost leak fixed! No more traction!!!

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 25, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I attempt to launch with my new tune that has 21+ degrees of timing with the boost leak fixed, it's pretty funny

http://youtu.be/Old-qfLpmZg

Another video, this time just a regular pull

Boost leak fixed
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

I love your videos Mike!  The gauges.  Feel like I am there with ya! 

SHOdded

At least your 0-60 time is better than the last run!  Boost seems a little down?  I think you were able to hit 23.1 before.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Larrylu

I'm enjoying your videos Mike. I don't understand what the shft 1 and shft 2 values are telling you though. Is there a quick explanation?  I also wonder if we all need to be watching for boost tube splits in our rides or if your mods have contributed to the "split ability"?  I hope that now that we know....., that the suspect area is easy to see if you know where to look.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

bnoon

What I want to know is what is up with that lean afr?!?!?! I know direct injection can run leaner at wot than port injection but damn! You were at 10.9 there for a while! Most boosted direct injection engines were crazy to run low 12's to high 11's... blows my mind ( and hopefully not your engine!)

bnoon

Quote from: Larrylu on June 25, 2013, 06:42:37 AM
I'm enjoying your videos Mike. I don't understand what the shft 1 and shft 2 values are telling you though. Is there a quick explanation?  I also wonder if we all need to be watching for boost tube splits in our rides or if your mods have contributed to the "split ability"?  I hope that now that we know....., that the suspect area is easy to see if you know where to look.

STFT 1 and 2 are short term fuel trims for bank 1 and bank 2.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bnoon on June 25, 2013, 08:00:59 AM
What I want to know is what is up with that lean afr?!?!?! I know direct injection can run leaner at wot than port injection but damn! You were at 10.9 there for a while! Most boosted direct injection engines were crazy to run low 12's to high 11's... blows my mind ( and hopefully not your engine!)
Lower numbers is richer, I'm very rich right now, need to get that sorted out.

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

It seems to me that running rich at this point in your testing is a "Good Thing".
Are you tracking DI  FRP?  If so, how is it holding up? That was always my biggest fear.  BAP and Methanol Spray helped, but I still always worried when lambda spikes might show up.

How do you keep the AWD system from shutting everything down?

The night I got my 12.904, I had my system shut down on 9 of 12 runs. Always happened at the top end of 1st.  When I left it floored, it came back on with a .5 loss in 1/4 mi time, but little effect on speed.

That's when I went to the front Nitto 05R DR's, which at my performance levels solved my issues.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 25, 2013, 10:23:47 AM

It seems to me that running rich at this point in your testing is a "Good Thing".
Are you tracking DI  FRP?  If so, how is it holding up? That was always my biggest fear.  BAP and Methanol Spray helped, but I still always worried when lambda spikes might show up.

How do you keep the AWD system from shutting everything down?

The night I got my 12.904, I had my system shut down on 9 of 12 runs. Always happened at the top end of 1st.  When I left it floored, it came back on with a .5 loss in 1/4 mi time, but little effect on speed.

That's when I went to the front Nitto 05R DR's, which at my performance levels solved my issues.
Bob the high pressure fuel pump is in the middle of the video.
I am also having top of 1st gear issue, BAD issues. I need to get that taken care of, hopefully the super sticky Hankooks I ordered will fix it, if not I'll look at your option. :)
Another thing I'm looking at is a low boost circuit for first gear. I think I've found an OSS to MPH converter I can use then feed it to the AMS500 boost controller. If I can get out of the hole on the street I should be good.
For the track I'm looking at some 17" slicks ASAP. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

ShoBoat

Damn, I can't wait to see the time you get out of this setup. Sound crazy!
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

bpd1151

Since I am looking at the upgraded turbo's myself this year, can either you (4DRHTRD) or Darrell, please provide dimensions/measurements and/or clarification/location of the pipe that split on you guys?

I'd obviously like to get that ordered up ahead of time, so when I am ready to do install my end, and can take care of that at the same time.

Please?

Thank you :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 25, 2013, 11:28:46 AM
Since I am looking at the upgraded turbo's myself this year, can either you (4DRHTRD) or Darrell, please provide dimensions/measurements and/or clarification/location of the pipe that split on you guys?

I'd obviously like to get that ordered up ahead of time, so when I am ready to do install my end, and can take care of that at the same time.

Please?

Thank you :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

You'll need a 1.75" to 1.5" silicone reducer just like this:
http://www.amazon.com/HPS-1-5-Reducer-Coupler-Silicone/dp/B004O9UXO6

You'll want some T clamps to go with that as well, you can't reuse the stocker on the bottom and the top clamp is a plastic ring.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

PopolZ

I don't think those clamps will hold, I'd go a tad bigger :D
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

EcoBrick Bob

Sorry... I didn't look at the latest video. 

I agree that lowering boost at the top of first gear would be ideal.  When I was running my 3 bar sensor, I saw my highest boost levels at the top of 2nd gear, but traction wasn't an issue at that point.  The night I was seeing ignition cut off or fuel cut off, not sure which it is, I did everything to clean and heat up my tires.  The other thing that was likely making matters worse for me was the smaller diameter tires. At the time I was running Conti DW's - 255-45-18 which gave me an effective axle ratio of around 3.40.  It was a bit cold for them that night.

With the SCT tuner, what are you logging to get the actual boost #?  I always have to calculate it afterwards.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 25, 2013, 12:22:10 PM
Sorry... I didn't look at the latest video. 

I agree that lowering boost at the top of first gear would be ideal.  When I was running my 3 bar sensor, I saw my highest boost levels at the top of 2nd gear, but traction wasn't an issue at that point.  The night I was seeing ignition cut off or fuel cut off, not sure which it is, I did everything to clean and heat up my tires.  The other thing that was likely making matters worse for me was the smaller diameter tires. At the time I was running Conti DW's - 255-45-18 which gave me an effective axle ratio of around 3.40.  It was a bit cold for them that night.

With the SCT tuner, what are you logging to get the actual boost #?  I always have to calculate it afterwards.
I use this column:
tip prs boost kpa|1|224|73|0
Then apply the number to this calculator:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/presskpapsicvt.html
Then subtract 14.7 for ambient pressure to come up with actual boost.
It's MUCH easier to use torque with the video plugin like I did. I need to get a faster OBD2 adapter though, I'm starting to see some lag.
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -