• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Beta testing new turbos

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 12, 2013, 09:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Well it's taken awhile to get everything done on the new turbos, I picked them up today to have them installed next week. It seems like forever HOWEVER it all worked out perfectly, I was able to get my fueling system done and these arrived at just the right time.

There's no pricing or definitive info until I get done installing them, dynoing them and testing for you guys. If I give the thumbs up that there's good pull, good power and no surging Turbos Direct will be ready to offer them up.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

How much of a difference in physical specs from the original?  Weight/diameter/etc.  Too bad it has to be hidden away.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jdeprato

24 hours doesn't sound too bad, however, a core charge would be more ideal :D but I think I could probably like with that short turnaround.
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)

EcoPowerParts

I'm working on it all, give me a week or two to finalize everything :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

Have I missed something?  Any idea on cost range?

I'm thinking that at some point stock turbos will have oil leaks etc. so this may be as good an option as any to replace when needed. And keeping a 2 bar sensor, they will be almost bullet proof.  Of course I couldn't help installing the damn 3 bar..... :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 28, 2013, 06:56:28 PM
Have I missed something?  Any idea on cost range?

I'm thinking that at some point stock turbos will have oil leaks etc. so this may be as good an option as any to replace when needed. And keeping a 2 bar sensor, they will be almost bullet proof.  Of course I couldn't help installing the damn 3 bar..... :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:
As soon as I can I will be releasing pricing and availability of this upgrade in a group buy to forum members. I'm pressing as hard as I can to get it all out there as soon as possible. I do think the turbos that I have we should be able to group buy for between $1500 and $1700 + core charge for the pair.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Boggus

How is the install if you are just swapping turbos?  Everything will bolt up and fitment would be OEM?  As for tuning, would Torrie/LMS or others need to make adjustments for the upgrade?  Would the car run fine if you needed to revert back to stock programming when taking to dealer, etc.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Boggus on June 29, 2013, 02:08:23 AM
How is the install if you are just swapping turbos?  Everything will bolt up and fitment would be OEM?  As for tuning, would Torrie/LMS or others need to make adjustments for the upgrade?  Would the car run fine if you needed to revert back to stock programming when taking to dealer, etc.
Externally the turbos are the same  except for the wastegates, if you change nothing in the programming you'll just have more boost . Yes you could put stock programming back on with no problems.

Install tune on a lift is about 12 hours, it's a puzzle on getting the  back turbo down
Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...
www.ecopowerparts.com -

jdeprato

Any new updates on these bad boys?
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)

EcoPowerParts

The car is at the shop, the turbos are working so awesomely awesome that they are blowing apart the factory rubber hot pipes. I made up some new hot pipes in my garage but I needed help with the bottom one as it's a compound bends. I dropped the car off at the shop and we're doing some other work simultaneously like fuel pressure gauge install, rewiring some of the fuel pump controls and re-installing my cutout on the exhaust. Getting closer to being done.
:)
Once it's able to hold boost and give me fuel for more than 3 or 4 hours then I will take back and do a comparison dyno with the same tune, and the updated tunes I've had done.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Ryan327

It's great to see what you have been able to do but it sounds like we are starting to find out where the point of diminishing returns is!

How much further are you looking to take your flex?
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: RedRocket327 on July 09, 2013, 10:41:52 AM
It's great to see what you have been able to do but it sounds like we are starting to find out where the point of diminishing returns is!

How much further are you looking to take your flex?

The key is if someone wants to upgrade their turbos and live in hot climates like Phoenix they'll need some hot pipes so I'm trying to get a repeatable set made up. I'm also working on getting the back to front piping replaced with new aluminum pipe with no BoV and instead putting an aftermarket in front of the TB. I want to work with Turbos Direct to offer the turbos and hot pipes for everyone on a group buy.

I want to hit 11's, I want to hit 11's yesterday. Once I hit 11's I just want to do some wheels/tires and coilovers as well as some sound deadening and a tiny stereo upgrade.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Boggus

This is what I am looking for as an option.... More boost, better piping and a real BOV.

Keep moving forward as I am sure I'm not the only one.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

jdeprato

Do we know what the boost limit is on the factory bpv? Or are you just wanting to go to a streamlined single bov for the sake of simplicity?
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)

StrawHatShinobi

What's the latest on these? BTW do you Flex and SHO guys have a reverse turbo too?
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's