• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Articles on Fuel Systems

Started by SHOdded, May 29, 2016, 07:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattr66

Quote from: SHOdded on April 23, 2019, 11:40:04 AM
Do you have oil analysis data to share, Matt?  I know one of our members (panther) was running it in his SHO way back when.  And also, how did you come to select 5W40, what MY is your SHO?
RMB has done some and I just beat the crap out of it almost daily.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mattr66

And by gen1 I mean all DI-only ecoboosts.  This would be all SHOs and  all pre-17 3.5 trucks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Diagnostics of Individual Air Fuel Ratio Cylinder Imbalance
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Diagnostics+of+Individual+Air+Fuel+Ratio+Cylinder+Imbalance.-a0531111148

Ford has filed patents on this technology, a couple of which are attached to this post.

DTCs
P219C Cylinder 1 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P219D Cylinder 2 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P219E Cylinder 3 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P219F Cylinder 4 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P21A0 Cylinder 5 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P21A1 Cylinder 6 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance

P219A – Bank 1 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
P219B – Bank 2 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Detour to 1981 - Effect of various fuels on engine wear, in this EE explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGSBi1kBl0
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

3.5L Ecoboost Fuel Maps Spreadsheet

SHOdded

SHOdded

Had not seen this breakdown posted before, so thought I would pop this in here

QuoteThe XDI-HPFP-35 was the first High Flow High Pressure Direct Injection pump to replace Bosch, Denso, Magneti Marelli and Delphi pumps. It is capable of up to 180bar / 2600psi injection pressure and up to 200 LPH flow. It flows up to 35% more when mounted on the same cam lobe.

The XDI-HPFP-60 is the bigger brother of the XDI-HPFP-35. Since it was designed based on the same flexibility criteria as the XDI-HPFP-35, it can be mounted on almost all the same engines. It is capable of up to 250bar / 3300psi injection pressure and up to 240 LPH flow. It flows up to 60% more when mounted on the same cam lobe.

Stock Fuel Pump Capacity = 1.12cc/str – 150bar for SHO, 200bar for Mustang and RS
XDI-HPFP-35 = 1.52cc/str – 200bar =35% more volume!
XDI-HPFP-60 = 1.83cc/str – 250bar = 60% more volume!

https://www.brewcityboost.com/product/hpfp-high-pressure-fuel-pump/

http://www.xtreme-di.com/product-category/fuel_systems/