• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Selling Private Party

Started by Scott13SHO, July 28, 2020, 01:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

Hey guys....well I put in my reservation for my 2021 Bronco Outer Banks 4 door back when ordering opened up a few weeks ago.

Anyways...I'm hoping to have the Bronco this time next year (was able to get my reservation in within the first hour or so of it opening up and crashing of the site) and I was leaning towards trading in my SHO for it, but after talking to my neighbor (He's good car people-restoring a 67 Mustang Coupe and has a F-150 Lightning) he was asking me about my SHO and how you don't see many of them and mentioned that I shouldn't have a problem finding someone to buy it off me.

So with that idea stuck in my head...what is the best way to sell a higher dollar $$$ car like an SHO? I sold my 2006 GT for $6500 a few years back in Cash, but I figured I'd be able to get at least 10K or so private party for my 2013 SHO (92K and no accidents) vs maybe taking a bath of $8k for a trade in. I know many people don't have 10K in cashing lying around, so what is the best way of getting $$$ like that, outside waiting for a check to clear?
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

limited02

First off, congrats on the Bronco!!!  Ford knocked out out of the park and my wife mentioned treating her CR-V in on one...  I had a '68, '72 and '89 BII.

I think when the time comes, you can entertain both options.  Main advantage of trading, at least for myself is it'll reduce the amount you'll be taxed on.  Even though trade in will be lower, the tax savings could end up making it a wash selling private party. 

However, dealer could low ball you bad enough that private sale makes  since.  When I went to buy my MKS, I was offered $1000 for my '02 Limited 4x4 V8 Explorer with 212k on it.  I ended up selling it private party for $4300.  I was able to put more down and cover the tax expense when that came due.

Macgyver

I managed to get a decent trade in on my SHO for me. As mentioned the tax benefit is a hidden plus for trade in's.

I would go around to a few different dealers if they are within driving range. Have them compete for your business. They can only discount the Bronco so far. Then its up to the trade. This is to your benefit. I got $15,000 from my last dealer. They beat the previous dealer by $500 on the trade AND the other dealers best deal.

Scott13SHO

I get plan pricing, so that cuts out a lot of the BS with dealing with dealerships...though I wonder with the demand for the Bronco, how that is gonna be effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

limited02

Quote from: Scott13SHO on July 29, 2020, 02:12:06 PM
I get plan pricing, so that cuts out a lot of the BS with dealing with dealerships...though I wonder with the demand for the Bronco, how that is gonna be effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact they doubled the First Edition models, demand is going to be crazy!  If your dealer is going to give you trouble, I can point you to a dealer who won't mess around.