• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EB Flexx

Started by FLEXXX, March 29, 2019, 10:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLEXXX

been having a misfire under heavy loads, did some diag found the stock coils are getting week.
ordered up some new SOS coils should be in this Friday.
Motor, turbo's, exhaust, intake, nitrous, W/M blah blah blah

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FLEXXX

spark plugs are 3months  1800miles old ngk 1 step colder
watching injectors and afr's while counting misfires led me in that direction
swapped out coils with good known units misfire gone.
ordered new SOS coils

SHOdded

Was it random misfires or did you get it narrowed down to 1 or 2 suspect cylinders?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FLEXXX

the codes where, cylinder 6, random and misfire within first 1000 rpms on start up. I swapped the coil to cylinder #4 and it followed it there.

FLEXXX

Been a while since I posted
bought a house
moved
work, work, work
replaced the coils, had to get MSD as the SOS are only for 3 pin

Man it runs amazing!!! so stoked to be back running great.

may go run it at the local 1/8 street drags this friday

FLEXXX

finally made a pass in the flex at the strip yesterday after we where done racing before we left.
had ice chest and tools in the back, had a passenger in car.
I had put all the stock intercooler/intake piping back on for a baseline
82 degrees and 3800DA
ran a 8.58 @ 81.96 drove right back around and ran it again 4min apart and
ran a 8.62 @ 81.98

car is going on the dyno Wednesday to see what it makes.

I will swap all my piping and then run it again and dyno I want to see what difference my own parts make.

I ran against a stock EB flex and they ran a 11.19 @63.89 for comparison

FLEXXX

SHOdded

FLEXXX

Quote from: SHOdded on July 22, 2019, 10:57:36 AM
Very consistent!

yeah I was pleased with how hot and thin the air was. the second pass the mph is down because I was on the brakes. but the third pass I ran it all the way out the back.

FLEXXX

strapped it to the rollers yesterday.
set up as dyno'd

stock piping from filter to intercooler.
stock axle back exhaust / mufflers
no nitrous
17psi 25degrees timing tune
90degrees and thin air.

put down 411whp 458wtrq
this is a good baseline to see how my piping and muffler set up really preform
I should have the exhaust and piping done by sept.

SHOdded

Great numbers!  Pretty much maxed out on the stock block if it is a daily driver.  Looking forward to the #s the exhaust mods put up!

FLEXXX

i took off the rear section of exhaust with the mufflers and it picked up 28hp.
so im excited to get that finished.

400whp on stock block is max?
have I missed a few threads?
my EB f150 made 535whp daily driven??

is the transverse block weaker then the others?

SHOdded

F150 engine not the same as SHO/Flex/MKT/Explorer engine.

No, 400 whp is not the absolute max on stock block for the transverse, but it is closing in fast on the max RECOMMENDED  level for a daily driven vehicle.  I think a few have pushed it to 450 or so, the torque is usually around 500 wtq at that point.  If you only run it on weekends, you can go for higher power levels.  Expect special operating conditions-level maintenance tho.

I am only spouting generalities.  Your tuner will be able to give you a better, more exact number.

FLEXXX

Quote from: SHOdded on July 25, 2019, 04:02:24 PM
F150 engine not the same as SHO/Flex/MKT/Explorer engine
I am only spouting generalities.  Your tuner will be able to give you a better, more exact number.

I understand that, my plan is 550whp. so I guess we will see lololol