• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread

Started by Dannymack, December 23, 2019, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymack

License plates finally showed up. If you don't get the reference... you should.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SM105K

Quote from: Dannymack on April 07, 2020, 11:18:44 AM
License plates finally showed up. If you don't get the reference... you should.

James Pumphery strikes again!
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Dannymack

Couple recent updates. Added the Dicunzolo mounts. Also started working on my stance. 20mm spacers and rear camber bolts (btw I'm aware not everyone likes spacers). Like how it's coming out.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Macgyver

No rubbing even with it lowered on the new springs ?

Dannymack

Quote from: Macgyver on April 23, 2020, 09:55:58 PM

I will find out this weekend when all 4 are installed. So far the one I have completed does not look like it will have issues.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Macgyver

Quote from: Dannymack on April 24, 2020, 11:58:40 AM
Quote from: Macgyver on April 23, 2020, 09:55:58 PM

I will find out this weekend when all 4 are installed. So far the one I have completed does not look like it will have issues.

Remember to have 4 people in the car if possible.

Hey its ok to do that. Just look at the NFL draft draftees house video shots. No COVID where they are thats for sure.

Dannymack

Rear spacers are done and camber bolts are in. I removed as much negative camber as the bolts would allow. Admittedly I measured for these spacers before the springs went in and 20mm would have been perfect flush, but with the bit of extra camber they're just inside. Still looks way better compared to before in person.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SuperPete

So stock studs, did you have to cut them down or not?
Thank you
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

Dannymack

Quote from: SuperPete on April 25, 2020, 06:10:01 PM
So stock studs, did you have to cut them down or not?
Thank you

Yes, stock studs. I did have to grind them all down. Ended up doing it at a 45 degree angle from the center of the stud to just before the threads start. The wheel pockets would hit just on the outside of the stud. This of course was with the MKS wheels so not sure what would be needed on other wheels sets.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

All finished up with the front spacers. 20mm lined up just right IMO. Didn't even need to roll the fender. Now it's officially at the OEM+ stance.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

FoMoCoSHO

DannyMack has done the impossible, made the front end of an MKS look awesome...

:alkashi:

:notworthy:

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Dannymack

Took the first official runs of the season. DA was around 8700 so the results were less than great, but it was good to get a better feel for the car in controlled conditions. This is on an e30 tune. Didn't have wheel spin that I could tell. Got 4 runs in. Best 1/4 of 13.567. Used the Dragy as well and they were pretty damn similar on times, mph was off by a few. Best Dragy time I ever got earlier this year on back roads was 13.1 at 4000DA so hope later this year I can get back to that.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dannymack

Quick update.

Been enjoying the car in its current form for a couple months now. Have driven thousands of miles with no issues. Springs are settling into their lowest level now. Still a stiff ride for sure, but I'm mostly used to it. The one consistent thing is the PTU leaking fluid all over the exhaust from the rear seal so for now I have been topping it off until I'm in the mood to replace it or it forces my hand. Put a new spoiler on it earlier this week to complete the rear end look. Also just ordered the XDI-35 today and stoked to put that in ASAP.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads