• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

And the award for most frequently broken car goes to...

Started by MKS Tom, July 22, 2020, 10:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

me. 

I swear, I want to ghost my MKS into a lake. 

I can't even get to the point where I can even load a tune back into it.  Since last fall I've had the PTU, turbos, timing chains, and transmission all replaced.  After the trans being replaced I shortly began to feel a slight vibration off throttle input at low speeds that is accompanied by a slight whine/whistle noise as it begins to slow down.  Noise and most of the slight vibration goes away with throttle input.  This was a similar feeling that I got when at first my PTU began to fail and then it progressed into a very noticeable vibration at the end before it went out.  Took it to one local mechanic that didn't want to touch it.  Took it to another one that did hear what I was talking about.  I made yet another dealer appointment for next week.  It is great having a warranty and all to pay for these things but it does me no good if I can't enjoy the car.  It is either getting sorted this time or sold/traded in on something else.  I cannot keep dealing with this bullshit anymore with this car.  I had plans to do things with the car and I feel like a football player that trained hard for a season and then torn his ACL in training camp.  It sucks. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: MKS Tom on July 22, 2020, 10:20:36 AM
me. 

I can't even get to the point where I can even load a tune back into it.  Since last fall I've had the PTU, turbos, timing chains, and transmission all replaced.  After the trans being replaced I shortly began to feel a slight vibration off throttle input at low speeds that is accompanied by a slight whine/whistle noise as it begins to slow down.  Noise and most of the slight vibration goes away with throttle input.  This was a similar feeling that I got when at first my PTU began to fail and then it progressed into a very noticeable vibration at the end before it went out.  Took it to one local mechanic that didn't want to touch it.  Took it to another one that did hear what I was talking about.  I made yet another dealer appointment for next week.  It is great having a warranty and all to pay for these things but it does me no good if I can't enjoy the car.  It is either getting sorted this time or sold/traded in on something else.  I cannot keep dealing with this bullshit anymore with this car.  I had plans to do things with the car and I feel like a football player that trained hard for a season and then torn his ACL in training camp.  It sucks.

Seems like it might be time to part with it and get one that hasn't been torn apart and rebuilt?

SM105K

me. 

Between you and Topher.....I am sorry this is happening.  Ford did all the repairs correct?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

4sfed

That sucks dude.  Hopefully they get her fixed up, for good this time.
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

TopherSho

Jez,  it is like we bought the same car ;)  .. yeah I have a 5 year platinum and feel the same.  Just got the wrong car and cant get out of it yet or the wife will kill me.   Sad part is .. i Want a 2014+ SHO :D to get the auto-octane tune from gearhead and try again :P 

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

MKS Tom

I am driving the car as aggressive as I can prior to taking it in.  lol
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

jims2015

me. 

On the brighter side, with all the work being done to it, it'll be like having a new car with that much more life ahead of it.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

Macgyver

ridered74

Is taking it to a different dealer for the warranty work an option for you?

I say that because I work on mass produced machinery for a living, and I've gone behind more people than I can count and fixed their "lemons" every single time. In my field I would say over half o the guys have no clue what they are doing and only can fix issues that other people have already shown them in the past what the fix is. I stopped believing in lemons years ago and I really doubt it is any different with cars.

In 20 years I've ran into machines I could not figure out myself, but then I talk to people smarter than me and we have figured every single one out eventually. Watched many machines get replaced by other techs because customer patience wore out, but even those machines that were replaced would get fixed once we got the bad techs away from them and put a good tech on it.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

MKS Tom

Quote from: ridered74 on July 26, 2020, 10:52:45 PM
Is taking it to a different dealer for the warranty work an option for you?

I say that because I work on mass produced machinery for a living, and I've gone behind more people than I can count and fixed their "lemons" every single time. In my field I would say over half o the guys have no clue what they are doing and only can fix issues that other people have already shown them in the past what the fix is. I stopped believing in lemons years ago and I really doubt it is any different with cars.

In 20 years I've ran into machines I could not figure out myself, but then I talk to people smarter than me and we have figured every single one out eventually. Watched many machines get replaced by other techs because customer patience wore out, but even those machines that were replaced would get fixed once we got the bad techs away from them and put a good tech on it.

I would do that but it presents some logistics issues.  I also do not know which dealer would be better than the next, but the next closest one is 10 miles away so it is 20 miles round trip and I don't have a spare car yet that I have found that I liked enough to move forward with it.  I also don't know how that would work if for example what is failing is an already replaced new part, such as a PTU that was put in 8 months ago that for sure is not only covered under my warranty company but also has it's own warranty from the manufacture.  With that said, this will be the last time I try to remedy this there as I can't keep doing this over and over again. 

MKS Tom

At least some good news.  They do detect what I brought it in for but are going to call me in a few days when they can allocate an in house loaner and have a specific mechanic look work on it.  They need to spend some more time with it.  I at least feel better that it isn't a phantom issue and they can feel and hear what I am talking about. 

MKS Tom

MKS Tom

I have an appointment for this Wed. so hopefully it is gets sorted. 

Macgyver

MKS Tom

There was a miscommunication and they don't have a loaner available.  s*** is frustrating and I am considering moving on from this car.