• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil separator popped off

Started by Excalibur, October 29, 2018, 11:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excalibur

So recently my wife pulled into the garage and I could smell burning oil. Popped the hood and the oil separator for my upr dual chamber catch can setup, popped out of the oil fill where it is located, so of course there was an oily mess. Anyone ever have this happen? What could cause that and what else to check for? No other noticeable symptoms.
2013 PP SHO; k&n drop-in, 3bar, unleashed tune.

SM105K

Quote from: Excalibur on October 29, 2018, 11:42:04 AM
So recently my wife pulled into the garage and I could smell burning oil. Popped the hood and the oil separator for my upr dual chamber catch can setup, popped out of the oil fill where it is located, so of course there was an oily mess. Anyone ever have this happen? What could cause that and what else to check for? No other noticeable symptoms.

Was the connection on the oil fill cap completely snapped flush? How do you have it positioned.  Mind snapping a picture?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Welcome back! X2 post some Pic's @ your earliest convenience!
It could be the 0- Ring from the OCC! Where did you purchase the OCC! New or used!  Z

http://m.uprproducts.com/upr-products-catch-can-replacement-o-ring-kit.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Excalibur

Excalibur

Quote from: Excalibur on October 29, 2018, 12:11:14 PM
http://m.uprproducts.com/sho-billet-dual-valve-catch-can-ecoboost-09.html

It's oriented exactly like this one. Not near the car to snap a pic.

New from upr.  I thought I saw the o ring on there when I was cleaning it up.

SM105K

Quote from: Excalibur on October 29, 2018, 12:12:40 PM
Quote from: Excalibur on October 29, 2018, 12:11:14 PM
http://m.uprproducts.com/sho-billet-dual-valve-catch-can-ecoboost-09.html

It's oriented exactly like this one. Not near the car to snap a pic.

New from upr.  I thought I saw the o ring on there when I was cleaning it up.

I would clean the area, check the o ring, then snap it flush it.  If it snaps flush, give it a tug to see if it un-snaps.  If it doesn't, put a stamp on it and send it!
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Excalibur

I kinda wish I would have gone with a catch can that was easier to drain like the Bob's one I have on my 5.0.

I'll check it again when I get home.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Excalibur on October 29, 2018, 12:20:13 PM
I kinda wish I would have gone with a catch can that was easier to drain like the Bob's one I have on my 5.0.

I'll check it again when I get home.
If you are looking for a catch can thats nice and easy to install and drain you should check out newly released model thats direct fit!
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP453903

Livernois Motorsports

92BlackGT

'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph