• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Reviews and Videos

Started by DJE624, June 22, 2013, 12:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mval

jomc:
rare in STL until recently when the County govt started it's switch over from  GM to Ford. Now there are SHO & Explorer interceptors all over the place, which is great except they choose color white, bah humbug!!!!!!!!!!!
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Shifrty1

Actually Dodge/Chrysler was purchased by Fiat pre bailout.  Which if you look at the companies Fiat owns I was hoping that the European build quality and design would help relieve Mopar of the crap build quality and reliability..  I was never a Mopar fan but I did have my hopes for them...  Nope.  Same junk across the board...  GM...  No acceptable words that I can use here can describe their build quality....  And you have to wonder about a failing car company that took the bailout, paid some back, then decides to purchase another failing car company???  They purchased PSA group, ala Peugeot and renault...  Essentially buying it with our money...  Hmmm no GM here thanks....

Obviously Ford does listen and learn from their European counterparts on quality as I think my Taurus, even my little '08 Focus I had were very close in quality to my M3...

Just my two cents..
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

jomc111

Quote from: Shifrty1 on October 28, 2013, 12:06:31 PM
Actually Dodge/Chrysler was purchased by Fiat pre bailout.  Which if you look at the companies Fiat owns I was hoping that the European build quality and design would help relieve Mopar of the crap build quality and reliability..  I was never a Mopar fan but I did have my hopes for them...  Nope.  Same junk across the board...  GM...  No acceptable words that I can use here can describe their build quality....  And you have to wonder about a failing car company that took the bailout, paid some back, then decides to purchase another failing car company???  They purchased PSA group, ala Peugeot and renault...  Essentially buying it with our money...  Hmmm no GM here thanks....

Obviously Ford does listen and learn from their European counterparts on quality as I think my Taurus, even my little '08 Focus I had were very close in quality to my M3...

Just my two cents..

I was delivering to a Chrysler plant up until 2 weeks ago. The things they let there employees get away with at that facility was insane. It is no surprise to me there quality sucks
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

BiGMaC

Got a buddy on a Denver suburb PD. They went to Ford w/3.5 EB.  I hope the police use spins off a lot of performance tweaks for us all.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

steve142857

Quote from: 68_GT on November 22, 2013, 03:43:22 PM
found this drag race video of the below SHO. Very nice ride !
http://www.dragtimes.com/2013-Ford-Taurus-Videos-25831.html

Found here......
http://www.dragtimes.com/2013-Ford-Taurus-Pictures-25831.html

Nice ride indeed, but coming from you, I'd say you may have a conflict of interests... Lol
I had already watched it (I always look for new drag racing SHOs videos). Lol
Thanks for uploading it!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Needmoreboost

Quote from: 68_GT on November 22, 2013, 03:43:22 PM
found this drag race video of the below SHO. Very nice ride !
http://www.dragtimes.com/2013-Ford-Taurus-Videos-25831.html

Found here......
http://www.dragtimes.com/2013-Ford-Taurus-Pictures-25831.html

That's Geswek and he's on here.  Well not much anymore as he's into Wankel RX8's now.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

68_GT

ah cool figures he's on here sorry if y'all have seen that before :)

conflict of interst indeed, becasue I bought this car with every option thinking I wouldn't have / want to mod it in this trim lol
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Nice find DJ.   I was interested that no mention of the 1L EB engine was made.  I had understood it was to be offered on the Fiesta. Maybe that was for 2015.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Can it be fitted onto a lawnmower?  Hmmm ...  :icon_biggrin:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Not sure.... but it fit in this   :yeah:

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 22, 2013, 07:53:56 PM
Stems from the fact it's a Taurus?? WTF? Really, well now I looked at several cars before I decided on the SHO. The Audi S4, Cadillac CTS-V and the BMW 5 series (I'm not a fan of Chrysler products any more the last 2 I had literally fell apart). Okay price point first my SHO was $45K, The Audi was $65K + the BMW can't even get close to the performance I have with mine now with the exception of the M $120K lol. The CTS-V was $85K +. Has he even sat in an Audi S4? The buttons are mashed together and are all over the place. I nearly crashed my test drive looking for the driver aid controls. And cramped? Hello??? (I know the S4 is considered a mid size but the A6 isn't much better for interior room). I just couldn't get into the newer styling of the BMW so that didn't take long to make up my mind. Now the CTS-V I liked a lot, what's not to like right? 560bhp rear drive ect..... well the 40K premium was hard to swallow right out of the gate, and the nav system was outdated by like 10 years. I had the nearly same system in my 2006 SRX. The interior left a lot to be desired too. If I am paying nearly $100K all in I would expect better. In the end the 40K premium was too much to swallow and I had issues with previous Caddys in my past. The Lincoln Mark LT and the Explorer I have had were trouble free in comparison. The low 12 second passes I saw on youtube from some of you guys also helped a bit  ;D. Of all the cars I have owned (I have owned quite a few) The SHO is the best bang for your buck I have ever had in a car. I enjoy driving it every day, and as for the touch panel and the interior buttons now that I know where everything is I actually like it now. Sorry for the rant but if it doesn't say BMW, Audi or Mercedes Car and Driver and Consumer reports have noting good to say. Just my 2 cents.   

A different opinion ;) Although he didn't have the PP lol.
http://youtu.be/gdkmkHkG2ro

Im sorry but when I was shopping for a new car to replace my g6 I had my mind set a g37x sedan. Test drove it liked it. I went home did some price comparisons and ford came up on the screen. I clicked it just to see what kind of cars they had since I liked the new fusion and came across the SHO. I decided wth let me just see. Found one at the dealership and went to test drive it. Let me tell you IMO even the infiniti could not match how I felt riding in the SHO and the good thing about this car is that noone really has one around here. I have only seen one in my area and that was 5 months ago. This car is a perfect blend of comfort and a whole lot of performance. Infiniti g37x is ranked high by most reviewers well over what the Taurus was rated at but I dont see what the hell they are talking about I would take this car over the infiniti any day
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)