• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Reviews and Videos

Started by DJE624, June 22, 2013, 12:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

mjhpadi

I really hate Consumer Reports....I disagree with most of the things they say and as I've stated earlier, when we tried to follow their recommendations when purchasing appliances several years ago, first we found that no one carried the models they ranked high, and every one we looked to get was several hundred dollars more expensive then their "best" price.  I find that when it comes to vehicles these guys are so far of base and so far from being knowledgeable about cars, that their reviews are worthless.   This guy complains about being cramped in this car...I got news for him...I'm 3 times his size and the SHO is one of the few cars I am comfortable in, this car has more room then most....I could go one but what's the point...just one last thing, Ford has already announced it is going back to buttons and moving away from the touch screen stuff in the next models...
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

ShoBoat

Stems from the fact it's a Taurus?? WTF? Really, well now I looked at several cars before I decided on the SHO. The Audi S4, Cadillac CTS-V and the BMW 5 series (I'm not a fan of Chrysler products any more the last 2 I had literally fell apart). Okay price point first my SHO was $45K, The Audi was $65K + the BMW can't even get close to the performance I have with mine now with the exception of the M $120K lol. The CTS-V was $85K +. Has he even sat in an Audi S4? The buttons are mashed together and are all over the place. I nearly crashed my test drive looking for the driver aid controls. And cramped? Hello??? (I know the S4 is considered a mid size but the A6 isn't much better for interior room). I just couldn't get into the newer styling of the BMW so that didn't take long to make up my mind. Now the CTS-V I liked a lot, what's not to like right? 560bhp rear drive ect..... well the 40K premium was hard to swallow right out of the gate, and the nav system was outdated by like 10 years. I had the nearly same system in my 2006 SRX. The interior left a lot to be desired too. If I am paying nearly $100K all in I would expect better. In the end the 40K premium was too much to swallow and I had issues with previous Caddys in my past. The Lincoln Mark LT and the Explorer I have had were trouble free in comparison. The low 12 second passes I saw on youtube from some of you guys also helped a bit  ;D. Of all the cars I have owned (I have owned quite a few) The SHO is the best bang for your buck I have ever had in a car. I enjoy driving it every day, and as for the touch panel and the interior buttons now that I know where everything is I actually like it now. Sorry for the rant but if it doesn't say BMW, Audi or Mercedes Car and Driver and Consumer reports have noting good to say. Just my 2 cents.   

A different opinion ;) Although he didn't have the PP lol.
http://youtu.be/gdkmkHkG2ro
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

DJE624

I agree.  When I was shopping just for fun even, I always came back to the SHO.  I was at the grocery store today and saw another trashing of the Taurus on the magazine rack.  I think it was Motortrend.  The issue with the new red Impala on the cover of their July issue.  You know what?  I don't care what all these clowns say.  I know a quality build when I see one.  GM's and Chryslers are garbage.  Their interiors look like cheap costume jewelry.   I can't wait to smoke some new Impalas and 300's.  Haven't had the chance yet.

Thanks for the video! 

mjhpadi

Surprisingly there's not many of the new GM's around....I don't even see many of the Impala's or the SS's on the lot.  Some Camaro's and a few Corvette's but mostly the little econoboxes.  I don't know whether that's what people are buying or if because of being tight with the Feds, that that's what they are producing and pushing...these Cruze and whatever their little hybrid is called.  And again as far as Chrysler, only one's I see in any numbers are their trucks, a few Chargers, even fewer Challengers, and a very few of any other cars...again people in my area were not impressed with the government bailout of these companies, and I'm amazed at the amount of Fusion, Focus, and Fiesta's I see...not to mention Mustangs.  But Motor Tend is another company that has always been heavy on Chevy.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

DJE624

mjhpadi

Now Motorweek is a different story, enjoy the show and they are pretty honest in their discusses of different cars.

DJE624

Yeah I always loved that show. 

I changed the name of this thread so anybody can post any videos they want.

DJE624

BiGMaC

Interesting thread to read.  I went through the kind of process as ShoBoat with the addition of looking at the 2014 Corvette LT3 at $80K OTD. I agree with mjhpadi that Consumer Guide is behind the times and I rarely use my membership anymore for all the reasons cited above.  I also kept coming back to the SHO.  It's fun to drive, incredibly safe, can be tweaked to the "nth" degree (if I can get myself to risk voiding my 7 year BTB warranty purchase), and was a comfortable ride front and rear for the four 6'2" - 6'8" 250-300# guys on a trip from PHX to Vegas.  I was OTD for under $40 K, including wheel warranty, anti theft etching/registration, ESP care premium (7yr/100k) and BTB warranty (7yr/100k).  I took all the options offered except PP.... that was because I really wanted ACC and Ford won't build one with both.  THe dealership also fixed all the pant chips and  minor body dings.   I'm gonna use the $40K I saved to make this SHO alot more fun! ..... The SHO is a major "bang for the buck" and truly a beast on the road... I only have 2900 miles on it and can hardly wait for a little more break-in to put my right foot farther than 1/3 - 1/2 way down when the light turns green.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on October 27, 2013, 01:15:02 PM
The SHO is a major "bang for the buck" and truly a beast on the road...

If only more of the buying public would wake up and realize this!  The production data has me pretty upset :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

I like them being rare.  I think I saw one a few weeks ago.  But yeah Shodded, I know what you mean.  I'd hate to think Ford would stop production again.

jomc111

Maybe its where I live but they are not rare by me I see 4-5 everyday on my way in and home from work (10 mile round trip )
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st