• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Official XSport Big Brake kit

Started by bigmoneycloser, December 10, 2013, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Here are some more pics with the rotor coating removed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Matches up well with the matte wheels.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

I had to bleed mine 3 times to get ALL of the air out  ... Make sure you bleed BOTH bleeders on each caliper.
No ABS issues on mine   ..
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

It took another 4 cycles of bleeding the system but we got it done..
There some stubborn air in the lines..
All good now great look, great pedal feel and you can really feel them bite..
Still taking it easy for a few more miles... But I am very happy with the look and feel..
Might not be the best bang for your buck.... But it looks sick!!! And I am a happy camper..

Here is a pic with the coating worn off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Just in time to put these bad boys to the test!  Very nice :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Well  2 EBP forum members have taken the plunge ..... who's next?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Todd TCE

Looking good!

A couple questions came my way as usual....

1. Is there a larger kit available for guys with big wheels?

A: Right now, no. We might be able to do this kit on a 15" rotor in due time but there are no 16" kits available for it now. I considered that but I just have not gotten the demand for $3k front kits yet!

2. Why is it so expensive? I might be interested if it were like $1500.

A: The cost factor is multi faceted. The calipers are not cheap ($450+ each), the rotors are expensive ($350ea drilled), the hats are expensive ($160ea) plus we have hose kits and hardware, and pads.... The real cost however is the low volume radial mount brackets. Those are the TCE components. If I were to break it down I'd say those brackets are about $150ea to make. That's machine time, anodizing, studs, inventory....The only way this kit would come close to matching a similar Wilwood factory kit (est. $19-2000) is if we were producing the parts on the volume scale they do and made all the rest of the parts. We both know it won't rival the sales of Corvette kits. Ever.

3. Why don't you have a rear parking brake kit?

A: I have covered this before but will again.The issue is a combo of the rotor size, rotor width the complexity of producing such a kit then with not one, but possibly two calipers. Is it not costly enough as it is? There are no fixed mount calipers capable of handling 14.25 x 1.10 discs that do both brake demands. Anything we did would only drive up the cost and complexity and drive down the appearance.

Todd
TCE

FoMoCoSHO