• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Official XSport Big Brake kit

Started by bigmoneycloser, December 10, 2013, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black99lightning

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on January 02, 2014, 08:48:22 AM
Dropped truck off....
Brakes today hopefully no fitment issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep us posted. 
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

mjhpadi

Hope your installer's daughter is doing better...and can't wait to see how the install goes and your thoughts on it!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

bigmoneycloser

Update...
Fitment is solid!
Just final assembly and fluids...
Can't wait...

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Looks great!  :thumb:  Glad your wait is over....  :popcorn: Can we see it with the wheels on   :please: ?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

Ok
It's snowing here...
These are the best pics for now..
Reviews and more pics over weekend...

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

donky4444

Looks great and I'm sure it will stop on a dime.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

crash712us

They do look great! And would like to hear how they perform, not just hard braking. As I am sure you will want take time to bead in the pads, But soft braking as well and with ABS engagement.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Way Cool with the wheels.... SEXY!!!  Thanks for the pics.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Best of Show, and then some!  :thumb: WAAAAY up!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Looks awesome !  !

Post updated pics after break in ( protective  black coating on rotors will be gone ) please !!

Sorry I have not gotten  back with you on P Brake bracket ... Had to put it on HOLD

New Giovanna Killis Wheels and tires on the way   ...... had to get this done first .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Ok here is a quick update...
The snow has limited any real testing...
But, I did get a chance to run the brakes thru a bedding process. So far they look great. And the truck is stopping...lol
Everything was finished up late last night and we already had 2 inches of snow on the ground. So we still need some fine tuning.. Right now, I have too much travel in my pedal... Which we think is still some stubborn air in the lines.. So once we bleed and test about two more times, we should have the rest of the air out the lines and the pedal should be back to a more stock travel feel..

Right now it looks amazing, but it's still hard to tell with the snow how much better the braking is...

More reports shortly...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

bigmoneycloser

Ok
I guess I also forgot to mention, the kit fit perfectly with Zero fitment issues....
Very very happy with the look and can't wait for the snow to be gone so we can rebleed and really put the brakes thru their paces....
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

SHOdded

Wheel/Tire/Brake combo is NICE!  If the pedal travel remains excessive, the ABS controller might need to be bled.  Don't know if a non-Ford shop would have the equipment for that.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: SHOdded on January 04, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
Wheel/Tire/Brake combo is NICE!  If the pedal travel remains excessive, the ABS controller might need to be bled.  Don't know if a non-Ford shop would have the equipment for that.
That's is exactly one one of our potential concerns. Either the abs it some stubborn air in lines..

2014 Explorer Sport 401A