• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I have a Serious Problem, I blame you all!

Started by bigmoneycloser, October 29, 2013, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Also, here are some pics of the stock caliper and rotor set up in the explorer, for anyone considering the big brake kit.
Any sho/flex guys wanna chim in and give opinions on if this looks to match sho/flex?
Thx

Front

Rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

FoMoCoSHO

DJE624

Thanks for the update and pics.  I'm not a fan of black wheels unless they have machined rims but I love how those spokes are laid out.

SHOdded

Those wheels are MONEY, and will look BIG MONEY after the powdercoat :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Please be sure to take some shots of the new rim/tire combo from BOTH the front, and the rear, so as to show not only the amount of "meat" resting on the pavement, but also how they sit in relation to the body lines.

Those side shots of your test fitment are nice, but give us all the angles when they come back from powder coating puhleeze.... :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

FoMoCoSHO

bigmoneycloser

Will definitely get plenty of pics when installed.
They are wide ass hell..
Not sure on the weight, but definitely lighter the m 24's...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SwampRat

Looks the same as the SHO .... Dust coverplates behind stock rotors will need to be removed before  B/B Wilwood Kit install .... Like the wheels !!
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Wheels set to install Wednesday... As long as they are back from powder tomorrow.
I will post pics Wednesday night if all goes well. And my current wheels are already sold...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

DJE624

Good progress.  Hope your schedule works out. 

BiGMaC

Can hardly wait to see the picks.  Very interested in stepping up to 22's myself.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

Rotors and calipers are in hand. Should have brackets and plumbing next week while I'm away.
Thinking install week of 12/2.. And also awaiting possible parking brake option...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

bigmoneycloser

God damn wheel guy(my friend) called me this morning to tell me how "Sick" the wheels look in their new color... And won't send me a damn pic..lol
Now I gotta wait till 2pm when i can get there for the install...
Gonna be a long day..
I will have pics posted by 6.

Later

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

bigmoneycloser

Some pics of wheels....

2014 Explorer Sport 401A