• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I have a Serious Problem, I blame you all!

Started by bigmoneycloser, October 29, 2013, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Some folks just don't seem to get it ......  Some DO .....
I went with The TCE Wilwood  Brake Kit for TWO reasons  , Yes because it LOOKS Great , but also because aftermarket pads and rotors will  not even come close to giving the braking Power that a true BIG BRAKE KIT can deliver on .  Yes its a big investment but not 6K, more like $4500.00.

2013 Taurus SHO
Corsa catback exhaust w/5" MBRP Tips
AirAid CAI
Giovanna Mecca 22"×9" +38 offset Wheels
TCE Wilwood Brakes front and rear
More to come .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: kbeck59 on October 30, 2013, 11:07:33 PM
I went with The TCE Wilwood  Brake Kit for TWO reasons  , Yes because it LOOKS Great , but also because aftermarket pads and rotors will  not even come close to giving the braking Power that a true BIG BRAKE KIT can deliver on .  Yes its a big investment but not 6K, more like $4500.00.

2013 Taurus SHO
AirAid CAI
More to come .....

Then I think a test should be in order. Lets see how many feet $4500.00 gets you. I'd bet upgraded stock pads, rotors, and some lightweight wheels will do the same (maybe better) for much less cash.

This only applies to 2013+ though. 2010-12 brakes were garbage.

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 03, 2013, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: kbeck59 on October 30, 2013, 11:07:33 PM

2013 Taurus SHO
AirAid CAI
More to come .....

Then I think a test should be in order. Lets see how many feet $4500.00 gets you. I'd bet upgraded stock pads, rotors,  and some lightweight wheels will do the same (maybe better) for much less cash.

This only applies to 2013+ though. 2010-12 brakes were garbage.

It all boils down to this....
I'm not looking for the most bang for my buck or a budget... First, it will LOOK Great! Second, it has performance increases...(no matter how big or small, compared to stock or not) Last, if you have the $$$, then why the hell not!!
Don't want to sound like an ***hole, I'm not rich but I do well... And everyone's perception of what a lot of $$$ is, is controlled be their own financial situation...so what's a lot of money to me, might be change to someone else..

So let's all enjoy the hard earned money spent by others and see how the mod turns out...you might be next on the list..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

TouchOfEvil

What DVD sets did you go with? Were they replacement headrest everything built in or did your shop custom install them?
I checked two places locally and one was no help at all while the other had only a single option to pick from. They wouldn't do any custom installs just the replacement units.
What ever happened to doing custom jobs? Maybe it's just my area. =[
2014 XSport

bigmoneycloser

I'm not sure what brand. I'll have to check. They were not custom. They were bought as replacements.
So far they are very nice and no issues.
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Got ta do what yah got ta do !! 

I'd rather spend it than give it to the folks in DC  .....

2021 Edge ST

EcoBrick Bob

Plus 1!!!!!

My Flex is my "business vehicle"  Unka Sammy is my partner in Mods!!!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SwampRat

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........................................................................ : ^-^

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Last box from wilwood. Just need some brackets and hoses and I'm all set.
New wheels arrive Thursday for a test fit with tires then off to powder and final install next week.
All smiles today..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Should be nice!  I like the black calipers. 

SwampRat

When I got my rotors and saw the black finish I thought COOL  ..... 

DUH !!!  I didn't realize it was a protective finish ... Wish they could be anodized black...

Make  sure you bed the pads properly ... Makes the most  God Awe full Noise bedding them till you get the finish off !!

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Wheels came in today and we did a quick test fit before they go to powder coat.
Fit is great.
New Vossen CVT 22 x 10.5 front and back- powder coated matte graphite
BF Goodrich 285/35/22
Here are some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A