• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Site refreshing pages nonstop adding history entires

Started by lamrith, May 07, 2017, 08:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Never seen this before a week or so ago, noticing it really bad on this site right now.

I go to a thread and read the lastest few posts, hit back button to return to return to unread or todays posts, and "nothing happens", hit it again, and again, and nothing seems to happen.  I click and hold the back button and gives me a list of the last pages I have been to in chronological order and find 5-10-20 of that same page listed in my history. 

This can happen within a minute or two of entering a specific thread.  I do not see it when I am in base forums and subforums, it only happens once I enter an actual thread.  It is starting to get crazy, I also notice usually at teh same time that the swirling circle is constantly showing on the tab I am viewing the site in.  The "what have you done to your ecoboost today" thread opened up up over 20 entries in my history within <2minutes of me opening it to read it.

Using Firefox 53.0.2
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Not quite sure I understand,  let me chew on this.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on May 07, 2017, 10:03:17 PM
Not quite sure I understand,  let me chew on this.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Basically it is like the page keeps refreshing itself, only it is acting more like it is forwarding me to itself..  I will see if I can take a picture of what I see when it happens.

My 1st thought was is that it was ads doing it, but not sure how they would cause the issue
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

Hah, it just did it.  It did this within 1min of opening the page, and the page never stopped loading if you look at the tab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Well, this sounds like a scripting issue.  I am on 53.0 right now, no issues.  But I see it says Restart Firefox to Update in About.  So I will do that, hopefully I won't be stuck in a loop ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Updated, checked threads and other forums.  No issues.  I also have Adblocker turned on though ...

lamrith

Just fyi, it is still doing it.  Got a gut feeling it is add related. 

Status bar at bottom shows this when the pages is constantly loading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SHOdded

I did notice it a couple of times over the last few days.  I stopped it, then reloaded, and the issue went away.  May have fixed it in the new software release, but that created login issues, so we had to roll back.